Halloween chaos

Romeo

Okay, most people spend Halloween doing anything related to Halloween. We were those people.

We stood in front of a corn maze.

"Who's bright idea was it to come to a corn maze?" Rafe asked.

"What's wrong with a corn maze?" I asked.

"Everything. You make one wrong turn and get lost."

"That's because you got lost, and Dad had to search for your stupid ass," Pat said.

"Weren't you the one that said follow me then lost me on purpose?" Rafe asked him.

"Nope, that was me," I said.

My brothers looked at me.

"I was hoping we wouldn't find you." I shrugged.

"You're a dick, Romeo," Rafe grumbled.

"Be happy that Dad found you. Do you know how many times he couldn't find me?" Marty asked.

"How do you lose children when you have five?" Casper asked.

"Because you forget you have five," Liam said.

My brothers and I glared at Liam.

"Liam, do you want to keep your teeth?" Val asked.

Liam glowered at Val.

"Well, I'm stoked." Sage ran towards the opening.

Everyone looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Shouldn't you chase your girl?" Pat asked me.

"Well, I have an excellent chance of finding her." I raised my finger.

My brothers arched their brows at me.

"Romeo! I think I'm lost!" Sage yelled from the corn maze.

"My girl proved my point." I shrugged and headed to the opening of the corn maze.

My brothers, cousins, the girls, and Hayes followed suit.

I veered off from the group and searched for Sage. "Baby, where are you?"

"I'm not sure! There's a ton of stalks!"

"Can you make noise so that I can find you?"

"I can sing!"

"Okay!"

Sage's singing started softly. That wasn't helping. As I walked and searched, her volume increased until I stopped. Sage sang Will You Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles. I followed her singing until I saw Sage. I stood there and listened to her sing.

Rafe and Pat found me and stopped. Sage had her back facing us and belted out the song in perfect harmony. The others made their way to us and stopped. Sage kept singing as we listened. My lips curled into a smile.

When Sage finished, she turned around and yelped. She clenched her hoodie. "Oh, my God! You gave me a heart attack." Sage walked towards me. "What are you doing?"

"Listening to my baby sing," I said.

"Oh." Sage pulled her lips inward, shifted in her spot, and played with her fingers.

"Damn, Sage. Why didn't you tell us that you could sing?" Bailey asked.

"Eh, it's not like I'm any good." Sage rolled her eyes.

"Wait. What? Have you heard yourself?" I asked.

"I enjoy singing and would sing all the time when I was younger. It's no big deal." Sage shrugged her shoulders.