Towards a new start

Andrea's POV :

My heart was pounding as I hurriedly moved out of the Airport. I had just run away from my family. My father leads a big mafia in Philadelphia, and I never liked him because he was just a drunkard who abused me. I never dared to fight him off because I knew that my life would get worse. I never wanted him in my life anymore.

I recollected my thoughts and got a taxi to drop me at an apartment that I had booked for myself 2 days ago. I had been planning to run away for a very long time, and when I got the moment I couldn't hold back.

On the way, I looked outside the window to see how beautiful the city is. I always wanted to go and see New York, I mean everyone does, right? The taxi stopped in front of a huge building and I collected my luggage. The building was massive and I was elated to stay here and start a new life.

My house back in Philadelphia was huge, but I was never happy there. That was not a house, it was kind of hell.  

Those nightmares started to flood in abruptly in my mind..."Alexio! Don't I beg you!"  I said, screaming as loud as I could, waiting for someone to come and save me from the torture. 
"Shut up, you faggot!" Alexio thrashed me with his belt, and I winced, and the pain-filled my body...

"Hey? are you okay?" I snap back into the real world as a person stood in front of me, tapping on my shoulder. "Hello?" he looked confused.
"Uh-yes hi, I'm sorry." I answered hastily. 
"And I'm Aiden," He said, with a grin holding out his hand, I chuckled as I shook his hand. 
"I'm Is-- " I stopped. Shit, I'm supposed to say my fake name. "Andrea" I blurted out. Ugh, I'm so not good at this. 

"Well, Andrea, I'll be showing you your room today," he said, I wasn't expecting him to work here. Well because, okay, first of all, he doesn't look like a regular porter. He looked like a typical Italian. His black hair cascaded down his forehead. His jaw was covered with meticulously trimmed dark stubble. And I don't think he might be just a porter. Or maybe I'm being too dramatic.
"Is anything wrong?" He asked with concern, noticing my silence. 
"Oh-no. It's just, I didn't expect you to be working here." I mumbled.
He let out a chuckle. "Too handsome, yeah? I know." he said with a smirk. I laughed.

"No. You don't have their uniform." I pointed at his clothes. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a shirt. "Ah- well, this is not a proper hotel, right?" he said. I nodded while grinning. He took my luggage and I went towards the reception. I asked the lady for the room I had booked. She handed me the keys, and I handed them over to Aiden and we entered the elevator.

"Thank you for carrying my luggage." I said as he nodded in response and soon after the elevator doors opened.

I sighed and followed him. He stopped in front of a door and opened it with the key. I entered the room, and it was amazing! It was cozy, there was a sofa set with a T.V in the front, and also a fireplace. The kitchen was just beside. And there were 2 rooms. I gazed at the place.

"So, do you like it?" He asked.
"Yes! I love it! It's amazing." I chirped.
"Here are the paper works." He lent some papers, and I read them thoroughly and signed them, and he left.

I let out a sigh of relief.
Day one away from home, and I'm feeling fortunate. 
I strolled along with the place while looking around as I finally sat on the bed while switching on the television and found something to watch. Soon after, I started dozing off, fighting my strength to stay awake. I finally switched off the television and fell asleep.

________

The nightmare -

The room was dark, I hadn't been fed for a very long time. I don't know what day it is. I feel like I have been locked up here forever. The doorknob creaked and my heart started pounding. Alexio entered the room, I let out a cry. I knew that he was here to hit me again.

He had his belt in his hand, he gripped my hand tightly. "N-no please don't" I begged him to leave me. 

"Come along, I don't have time to waste." He replied rudely, I tried to let go of his grip, but it was too tight. He started dragging me along the floor. 

"Al-Alessio please" I whimpered. He thrashed me with his belt and the excruciating pain flowed across my body. 

I screamed- and screamed, but no one ever came...

Hey everyone!! Thank you soo much for reading this chapter, I hope you guys developed an interest in it. I have provided a picture of the apartment if you were trying to guess what it looks like. Don't forget to vote and comment. I'll be posting the next chapter soon! x