Chapter 48 There shouldn't be a reason to love

Jace Pov

When Emily smile, I think I like her more and more. I don't think I like her anymore but have fall in love with her. I love her and I will continue loving her, even if she deny my love for her. If I don't know you well, I will have said you are the one who give birth to them, Roy said in my ear.

Roy his one of my best buddy. I smile and said, if I also don't know you well I will have said you are the one who give birth to Jake, I also said jokingly. He hit my shoulder and said let my wife hear you, she will have your head. Mom can I stay a little longer with Zoe, Jessy ask.

Before Emily could say anything, I beat her to it. Sure you guys can spend as much time as you want with her, don't worry your Mom won't disturb you, thanks so much uncle, you are the best, Jessy said and stand up from her sit, she come to me and give me a peck on my cheeks.

I don't know why I feel connected with the kids, maybe because I love there mother. I stand up from my sit and went to stand by Emily side, can we talk, I ask her. Am busy she said.

If you don't come with me, am going to kiss you right in front of your kids, I said in her ear. She look at me with wide eyes, am waiting I said not giving her enough time to think. She let out a cough before facing her kids. You guys should behave well, I will be right back, she said.

Mom don't worry, take your time, Jessy said while giving me a tub up. I smile and went out of the ward while she follow me. What did you want? She said as soon as we are out of the kids sight. I just want to spend some time alone with you, I said.

She hiss and turn to walk back inside, I hold her hand. Emily please, I love you. Why? She ask. Why what, I ask confused. Why did you love me, she ask. There shouldn't be any reason to love someone but if you want a reason am going to tell you.

I don't love you because you are perfect. I don't love you because you know how to say the right words. I don't love you because you dress up nice. NO, I love you because your smiles warm my heart. I love you because, from you I never want to be apart. I love you because you are comfortable with me. I love you because you offer me a safe space that even when I have Nowhere to go, all I think about is you.

I look at her to see tears in her eyes. She shake her head and say, you can't love me. Why will you say that, I will always love you no matter what happens, I said. Even if I tell you I don't know the father of my kids, she ask. I will still love you, I said without hesitation.

Even... Even.. But she couldn't continue her words. I pull her into my embrace. Emily No matter what happens to you, I will always love you, your past are your past. I want to make a beautiful future with you and your kids and I will always treat them as my kids I promise. Really, she ask in my embrace...

Really, I said and she hug me even tighter. I broke our embrace and clean her tears, I don't like it when you cry, I said and she smiles. That more like it, I said and kiss her forehead.