Babi Na Saba'in Da Tara (79).

Abuja, Nigeria.

"Kullum muna tare haka take fadi cewar anytime I was in trouble she was going to show up and work her magic to save me. My very own fairy Godmother". Bakhtiar ya ma Niima bayani da wani expression me wuyar karantawa a fuskar shi. He was recalling incidents that had occurred in the past; the good, the bad and the ugly. "But how did you know of the name? Where did you meet her?". Labarin emails inda ta fara receiving all of a sudden ta fara ba wa Bakhtiar wanda be katse ta ba, ya saurare ta shuru har ta gama tukun.

"Can I see your phone?" Ya tambaya. Ba tare da ta kawo komi a ranta ba Niima ta miqawa Bakhtiar wayar. Budawa yayi taga after a few minutes ya fara typing, fuskar sa alamar bacin rai.

"What are you doing?". Ta tambaya amma be kula ta ba ya cigaba da abunda yike a wayar ta "Bakhtiar what are you doing?". Ta fadi trying to snatch her phone away from his hand but his grip on the phone was firm. Miqewa tayi ta yo kan sa amma da hannu daya Bakhtiar yayi using to restrain her har sai da ya gama tukun ya miqa mata wayar. Miqewa yayi ya fice tana tambayar sa ina za shi amma koh ansa ta be yi ba ya wuce door inda ke leading to balcony, a cigar already on the tip of lips waiting to be lit. Wayar ta daga first app inda ta fara dubawa shine email app dinta and just as she suspected, Bakhtiar saqo ya turawa Hadiza Aadam Abiso.

You are bad news. Stay the fuck away from my family Hadiza. Don't you ever think of contacting my wife.

Haushi ne ya rufe Niima ta miqe ta bi bayan mijin ta da sauri. "what's your problem Bakhtiar?". Ta fadi amma be ansa ta ba. Matsowa tayi gaban sa rai a baci ta sa hannu tayi yanking cigar stick inda ke bakin sa.

"You'll answer me when I talk to you!" Ta fadi a murya me kama da tsawa "What on Earth is your problem. Do you want to go to jail or what?".

"She's a bloody Abiso! Nothing good ever comes out of them, stay away from her Niima, I am serious kada ki sake kula ta".

"She wanted to help! You just blew that off". Niima ta fadi in a frustrated tone kamar zata yi kuka.

"Then I'd rather rot in jail than accept anymore help from an Abiso. That was what got me in this whole mess in the first place, seeking help from an Abiso".

"Haba Bakhtiar, menene matsalar ka wai. She could be the solution to our predicament and you just let her slip. This isn't fair, in baka tunanin kanka, think of me, think of halin da zan shiga if this whole things blows and you go to jail. Da wanne zan ji? Rashin d'a na koh rashin miji, listen to me Bakhtiar". Ta fadi unable to hold her tears anymore, she let them slowly cascade down her cheeks. Maganganun da ta fadi da hawayen da yaga suna sauka daga idanun ta suka sa Bakhtiar ya karaya. Riqo ta yayi, bringing her to his chest.

"I'm sorry love. Didn't mean to hurt you". Ya fadi yana kissing saman kanta. Cigaba da fadin mata soothing words yayi har ya samu ta fara saukowa "I just don't trust her, that's all. I don't want to create more mess for us Niima shi sa. She's an Abiso Niima, they're not to be trusted. Koh kina ganin Hadiza zata yaudari mahaifiyar ta ne? Nikuma ta taimake ni? Think about it".

.
**********************

Hadiza Aadam Abiso na zaune wayar ta kan table ta qura ido waiting all day to hear from Niima El-Yaqoob when the phone vibrated with a new message sai dai koh da ta duba, it wasn't the reply she was expecting.

'Stupid you Hadiza. What were you expecting, a warm welcome?' tayi tunanin a zuciyar ta. Of course Niima El-Yaqoob was going to bring up the emails, she was going to talk to Bakhtiar about them and after all that happened between them all those years ago, Hadiza ta san ba bu yadda zaa yi Bakhtiar yayi trusting dinta bare har ya saurare ta. What was she even thinking.