𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗲𝗻

"Oh, goodness. How are you?" Dad pulled us into a hug. It was really uncomfortable and awkward. Haruto wasn't having it either.

It's unbelievable that our biological father was in our life one day and gone the next.

We spent months being shuttled with our emotions. All these had me very stressed but I had my friends and grandparents to rely on when I was feeling down. It's just that, everytime I see him with his woman, the past shows up.

The courthouse itself looks like a place where it went through a lot. The country flag flies high above the building. Etched in stone on the front wall of the courthouse are the words, "真実 (truth), 正義 (justice) and 自由 (liberty)."

This place is an enclosed space, walking inside the cold and quiet building, a familiar woman is talking with the circuit court clerk. It was the wench I prefer not to talk or say her name. Then, the security told us told to sit down behind our attorney.

"When is Mom ever going to show up?" Haruto asks Grandpa. "Soon, we talked to her already, she said she's on the way."

As a result of my anxiousness, I started moving my legs unknowingly. Grandma reached out for my hand and squeeze it gently, calming me. "It will be alright, no matter what's the decision. It'll be up for your Mother, I trust my child. She knows what she's going to do with the both of you."

Mom finally entered the court room. We were all stunned to see her. She has gotten skinnier, her dark circles was visibly upsetting. She looked tense and didn't even bother to look at Dad.

She hugged Haruto and I before she erupted, yelling and almost crying.

The security in charge had ot settled down before Mom starts making a fuss. We didn't want it to happen but we couldn't stop her, the police made sure they'll put a stop in no time. The clerk shrugs and turns around.

"...We will proceed with the divorcement, your honor.." The judge nodded and begin to state the declaration of disclosure in a divorce.

After an hour of intense arguing, Mrs Himari is now engulfed in tears. Both of the party has been freed. They also made it clear about guardianship with their son Himari Haruto. For now, he is under his mother's welfare until he finally reach legal age. By that time, he will be able to choose to where he is going to live with. While, their Himari's Restaurant is put up in sale and will be split 50/50.

"It's all fine now, I'm so sorry, kids. I'm so sorry for not being consistent to both of you, Mama loves you so so much." Mom cries again. I hugged her so tight, "..It's alright, you're here now."

In that very morning, that was also the last time I've seen my Dad. He only smiled at us, trying his best not to shed a tear. Haruto refused to look at him. Soon, he left.

"I will definitely catch up with the two of you, I promise." She added. "You should, Haruto has been missing you for so long already," Grandma mouthed. "Is it true, my baby?"

"Argh, don't call me that. I'm going to be an adult soon." Haruto irritatingly said. We laughed, "Oh please, you're still my baby. Even your sister is my baby,"

"Yeah, right. I'm baby," I teased him. I felt a relieve that this was all over now. It may not be the best settlement for my parents but at least they have a different lives now and it was made in a legal manner.

My phone buzzed before I could enter the taxi.

"Eh, Hina. Hurry up, it's about to rain." Mom grab me by arm and we finally head back home.

People started running for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out the rain.

Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the car window.

*Ding* Another text message popped up. This time, I finally checked it....