𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅

"Are you seriously going to talk to him?" Akari questioned me for the nth time. We were on our way to empty space just near the gym.

"I have something important to ask him. Believe it or not, it's not about us, it's something else." I explained while holding a water bottle meant for Ran after Saito and I finish talking.

"First and last?" Akari and Yui halted. They are about to head inside the gym. I nod my head again, "Yes...first and last,"

Few meters away near the entrance. I saw Saito, he was leaning his head against the concrete wall, with both of his hands on his pockets. "What's up?"

I held tight to the bottle of water on my hand. "Nothing much, how about you?" I responded, staring at his dark circles under his eyes and made me wonder what he was doing for the past weeks. "Are you okay?" I felt worried.

"I have a lot in my head right now, Hina. I felt so stupid, you know. It was too late for me to realize that my anger issues could lead to giving up my passion, dreams, and most importantly-you." His lips twitched, "Earlier, I was so happy that you've given me a chance. I thought no one else is there to listen. Including my parents..they don't want to help me."

Saito grabs my wrist, "Help me, please..you're the only one I have," My heart aches for him.

"Saito, I know you're not in the good state right now-messed up, really. But there's no reason for you to be this. I once believed in you, and those things, it already happened." I gulped, I landed my eyes on the group of guys entering the gym. I could barely recognize them since I was meters away. I just knew- it's them.

I shift my eyes back to Saito, gulping. "I'm going to fix the mess you've made to one of Coach Hamon's student. I'm sorry but this will be the last time I'm helping you out."

Saito burst out laughing. And whenever he does that, it always gives me creepy feeling. "Coach Hamon? Ranta? Out of all those people?"

"How about this. Tell Coach that turning his back to me isn't going to help the fact that I'm still one of his best student. That, Takahashi Ran? I'll beat his shit up if I ever had a chance, so you better protect your boyfriend from now on and then."

Just like that. He leaves, wanted to stop him only for a reason that he needs help. But I can't. I was shaking out of fear-almost dropping the bottle of water. After all this time, my ex-boyfriend, Ikegami Saito, you really proved to me that you are an akahata; 赤旗 red flag. I was too dumb to notice the signs.

And for the last time, ...Takahashi Ran is not my boyfriend.

▍りゅじん にっぽん ぇげん!
Ri yujin Nippon ~legends!

高い代表チームを目指しましょう!▍
Aim high national team!

I glance at the banners hanging on the entrance-they were this determined to compete and must've been so caring for each and everyone. Especially to Takahashi Ran, as I saw a banner just for him.

▍ おかえりランタ !
Welcome back Ranta!

I felt at fault. Because around you, it hits different. People seems to take special care for you. And I could tell how much they pay attention to you even including with your own circle of fans in the campus.

At this point, I really am sorry. I mean it and I don't have any intention.

"Oh, look at you. You're fine and complete, thank goodness. But Ran is over there. Talk to him, now." Akari pushed me away from the bleachers and I stepped in the court. She laughs.

I watch him from afar-he was enthusiastic, carefully making their routines. I grasp the bottle of water even tighter as I come closer to him.

"Look, isn't she Saito's girlfriend?" One of his team mates eyed me, Sekita - that's what it says on his shirt

"Look, isn't she Saito's girlfriend?" One of his team mates eyed me, Sekita - that's what it says on his shirt. Takahashi Ran's eyes landed upon me.

"Oh, here." I gave him the bottled water, I awkwardly smile. He stared at it for awhile until another guy appeared from behind. I was in awe by his height, "Yu-ji.." I mumbled. "Take it, or I'll be the one to take it from her." Leaving him, with no choice to take it.

I was about to say something but he distance himself. It must've been uncomfortable for him. "Takahashi Ran, I actually came here to apologize for my Saito's wrongdoings. I'm really sorry for the trouble he made and the damages I made. I sincerely apologize."

"If someone was trying to save you from getting hurt, what would you say?" He asks.

*It seems like my apology is not enough. What should I say?* I can't even comprehend what he meant. I winced, "Uh, I'd do anything for you, what do you want?"

As reserved as he already is. Takahashi Ran grab an opportunity to joke around Himari Hina's clueless response and says, "Come back here tomorrow, and I'll tell you what I want..."

Ran then took a sip on the bottled water and made me catch it before I could sprint my way back to the bleacher where Akari and Yui are at.

Just because I told him I can do whatever he wishes doesn't mean that he can make me do anything. Well, I can't even read the red flags, I'll just spare him couple favors......but seriously, what is he trying to pull off?