𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

D-4 Before Tokyo 2020.

"Good morning," Grandma greeted us as she prepared some food for breakfast. She usually prepare Omurice for the of us. "..You look a little bit exhausted. Are you alright?"

I nodded. "I would look fine, if it wasn't for that kid over there. I mean, how could you do that to me?"

Haruto laughs. "Hey, you were also a complete show off. Sensei didn't ask for you to run laps. In fact, you should be happy I gave you that opportunity. My classmates really like you now,"

Yesterday took turns. I wasn't expecting I would be challenged by those little kids—Haruto's classmates. Now, my back hurts, my legs hurts the whole night and I can't even go to sleep because of throbbing legs.

"As they should." I rolled my eyes. Grandma wasn't having it if we're fighting over the table. She suddenly took a plastic envelope out and throw it above the table. Our plates rattled.

"It's too early for both of you to argue. I don't want another fight, is that alright?" She land her eyes on the envelope. "That..thing, it contains papers from your parents. It came days ago, but I don't want to talk about it during your exam days."

I frown as I slowly open it. "Do we have to read this? Or sign it?"

"I don't know, but your father will be here later this afternoon. I want the both of you to behave regardless of what he did. OK? I don't want attitude. Respect, just respect." Grandma announced.

Suddenly, this feeling of hatred and betrayal rose inside me. It's all coming back to me..I can't do anything about it because Grandma told us so.

"When is Mama going to visit or take us back?" Haruto sounded frustrated as well. "..Is she even planning to take us back?"

"She's coping. All of us are coping. I know it's hard but we have to do this..So, I'm asking the two of you to behave alright?" Grandma took our hand. I sighed and nod my head in response. "Haruto?"

"I will, if he behave too.." He left the table. I followed him, assuring Grandma that it will be okay.

After I settle things down with Haruto. We have finally arrived to school, earlier than we expected.

"Where have you been yesterday?" Yui flung her arm, "It's a bummer, Ran actually waited for you..I feel bad for him."

"He-what?" Now I feel bad for him. I totally forgot to come back to the gym after I was done with the PE. "Did you accompany him when I was gone though?"

"Oh, yes. Akari accompany her. I was suprised that the two of them are very very close." She reached out for Akari and flung her free arm over her shoulder. Akari nervously smiled, "It was nothing. You should be happy I talk to Ran the whole time, I blew my chance to spend time with Yanagida..you know."

"What should I do?" I bit my lips. "Nah, it'll be alright. Let's meet them during lunch break, cafeteria.." Akari suggested.

"Hina, try to make it up to Ran this time. He's really looking forward to spend time with you..Maybe let him drop you off by your house?"

Yui nudged her. "Oi, Akari. It hasn't been too long since Hina and Ran got close again, don't suggest things like that.."

"It's alright, if it's alright for him. I will let him drop me off by our house. Unless he offered. I promise," I replied.

I know, this is going circles but the truth is, I'm not scared of having Takahashi Ran around me anymore. I really like the idea that he is doing this for me. I just hope the time and process would go well for both of us. You know, I have something to focus on..and him too, I mean, Olympics is a huge deal for him. I should be there to support.