𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

"It is important for everyone to cast their votes to selected captain ball of each team, so that the school can evaluate which is which. Please be truthful and honest, not because one is good looking and the other one is not that good looking." Mr, Kanon reminded us few moments before the volleyball match.

"Ah, as much as I don't want to vote both of them. I'm going to cast mine to Takahashi Ran. Why? Because the opponent's a trash to our Hina." Akari pouted. I grin, "You seem so confident today, huh..how about you Yui?"

"I don't have a choice. I'll go with the same person. Let's just hope Saito doesn't get the highest votes." Yui place her hands on her pockets. "What about you?"

"Him."  I responded shortly. Akari hurriedly pulled us to one of the empty spot. It was few meters away from the court, quite of a top view but you can still see it clearly.

Going back here doesn't mean I forgot what happened on the previous days. I still have this uneasy feeling whenever I see Asahi Sora. But right now, I'm here to watch their match. Sometimes, I couldn't help but to think— Do I have that thick skin? Or I'm just trying my very best to pretend this was all okay?

"Students, before you leave the gym make sure to vote. We encourage everyone to be honest and truthful." Mr, Kanon popped in again with his megaphone.

Akari handed me a piece of paper and a pen. After they wrote their votes, it was my chance to write mine.

斉藤。

I fold the paper and put it in my pocket. It has to be turn over after the match but we don't really do that. "Oooh, this fight is going to be intense unlike last year, don't you think?"

Last year, Ishikawa Yūki's team won but the most voted valuable player came from the opposite team — Ikegami Saito.

That was the reason why he had to step down and let Saito be the captain ball. But then again, he made a fuss. He was kicked out and now Takahashi Ran is the one in charge.

"Both teams are quite good, skill wise. But, Takahashi Ran being the captain ball means no outside spike. He can only set. Saito probably has a better chance since he's a good setter for his team.." Yui talked like a sport critic.

It's true though. Everything she said was right. Saito's forte is different from Ran—still, those two can fight forever and yet you can't figure out who is the best.

There he goes. Everyone automatically cheers when Ranta's team came out. They wore a dark blue with a hint of red colored jersey, and you can't deny he always stands out amongst his teammates. "Why did he shaved his head?" Akari asks. I shrug.

"Please welcome, Team Aka (赤) with the Captain ball, wearing jersey number 19 Takahashi Ran!" Then Coach Hamon appeared last in line.

"Next, Team Shiroi (白い) Captain ball wearing 10, Ikegami Saito!" The cheering grew louder. We were surprised on how loud it went.

     This event are equal parts of pure excitement and pure fear

This event are equal parts of pure excitement and pure fear. But I know they are prepared, they train hard, and that is what tips the balance in their favor.....my heart started beating faster as the whistle echoed across the gym.