𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

"No, you're out of your mind." Yuji panted as he give the ball to Ran. He receives it. "Why? What's wrong of taking Hina with me?"

"Hear yourself out, you offered to take Hina home and what about Sora? Does she know about this?"

Ran catched the ball. He halted, "I haven't really talked about it to her, she might get mad if I even tell her." Yuji flicked, "Yes, that's right. Come on, come to your senses, man."

"Fine, but just this once. I'll take her home. I've already spoken to her earlier, I promised, and I'm not that type of someone who breaks promise so easy."

Yuji's face turned sour. "This is why Sora's keeps delaying her answer for you. Do you remember when she said she'll give you an answer after the game but then she gave you air—as in nothing?"

Ran sets the ball for him. "Yeah, you don't have to say that to my face again.."

"Just, make one decision Ranta. This won't be all too complicated. It's either Sora or Hina on the line."

Yuki has entered the court and stole Ran's chance to spike. The ball landed near the gym entrance. Ran jogged to pick it up and he saw a glimpse of Himari Hina waiting for him outside.

"Yuji, let me tell you something. Sora is mine, Hina... is my friend." Ran spoke. He was so sure about it. Yuki raised his eyebrow, "I swear if Coach Nikagaichi heard your nonsense, he'd be pissed. Let's just practice, yeah?"

Ran chuckles, he starts dribbling the ball then he moved with dominant-side foot back,  extending his arms and made an overhand serve.

*...I said what I said, I'm waiting for Sora and I have nothing to worry about Hina, she's a friend, and I'd be so damn guilty if I leave her alone, helpless. She's had enough with Saito, recently, she had her heart broken, this is all a friendly gesture—I hope she's not mistaken about this.*

"Hey, Ran. Sora is here to see you." Masahiro Yanagida informed him. Ran could sense Yuji's disappointment. He looked over to him and gave him 'see-I-told-you,' look.