𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

"Say it already!" Akari pressed my arm as we stood up. I squirmed, "I swear Akari you're going to send me in the infirmary in no time. Let go. Please?"

Mr. Kanon turned off his megaphone. Swear it was the scary moment I could think of, the two showcase excellent performance. "The MVP of this match is none other than.."

"..."

"......"

"I'm going to pee." Akari says. I smack her arm. "Could you behave for once? Just once?" I look over to Yui. She's been quiet the whole time, I know she's frustrated to me, "What?"

What can I do? Is she mad just because I wrote Saito's name on my paper? I just decided to ignore her just this time. So that I could focus my attention to Mr, Kanon. The audience had come so far to hear what he's going to say.

"The MVP is none other than Ikegami Saito!" The cheers warm the air. Few were frustrated, but mostly they were happy.

The sigh that escaped Ran's dry lips was slow, as if his brain needed that time to process what had happened. His eyes remained on the ground. It looks like he doesn't have enough energy to talk.

"Also congratulations to Team Aka and Takahashi Ran for great efforts, they did their best. Any message for your supporters?"

Mr. Kanon approached. "Ano..I just want to thank everyone who has given us much support. So many bad and good things happened during the process, this alone stands as a a challenge for us, but my team didn't fail me. We fought hard, I'm still proud of them."

Yet, he still spoke with care....

"This may be not the right time to ask, but since it's part of the system. How do you feel about stepping down and let the MVP take your place?"

"For me, I'd take it with respect. I have been playing volleyball for a long time with full enthusiasm. There are times I have to win and there are time I also have to lose and accept. I will come back next time, stronger and focused with my goal."

"What a good answer, with skills you have Takahashi Ran, you're going somewhere big." Everybody clapped. Mr, Kanon then approached Saito and gave him his trophy.

"Saito, what do you have to say? to Team Shiroi fans?"

"Ah, thank you to everyone. I was expected to lose. So many people has doubted me. The previous month was also rough for me, students bad mouthing and all. But here I am, speaking in front and trying to clear my name. Thank you to Coach Nakagaichi, for having me under his wings. Again, this is Ikegami Saito, thank you."

They wrapped up the event so smoothly. The two team returns to their respective areas, one calls for celebration while the latter kept quiet.
*I hope he's okay.* I thought as I watch Takahashi Ran's back. Then, Akari and I decided to go back to class while Yui pretends she didn't hear me as she heads out first. "Still mad?" Akari asks.

"I guess?" I sighed. Akari pats my shoulder, "It's alright, tell you what, she's going to approach you for the next hour just give her a little time."

"Did it looked like I betrayed both of you?"

"No, no, you didn't betrayed us, Hina. Your feelings are valid and Yui just wanted to stop you from getting hurt all over again...just give her a little time. You two will make up."

I totally understand what she's coming from.. But if she thinks that Saito and I are going to get back together, it's absurd. I may talk to him but my heart knows what's it wants and it not him.