𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

The defending champions Brazil beat hosts Japan in straight sets to set up a semi-final clash with the Russian Olympic Committee.

A spirited Team Japan had reached the quarter-finals for the first time in 29 years, but world number one Brazil overwhelmed the hosts to win 25-20 25-22 25-20 in the Ariake Arena.

"We lost because we couldn't cope with Brazil's power and strength," Ishikawa Yuki, Japan's captain, said.

After the intense and exhausting game. The team Nippon was given an hour to take a break for the Photo Op and for the prepare for the proper Awarding Ceremony.

"Still a good game for everyone." Coach Nakagaichi stated, he sounded a little bit disappointed but he tried to cheer on as the Team Nippon finally had some achievement after years. It's still part of the history.

"Thank you for believing on us, Coach. This was your last term before you retire yet we weren't able to bring the gold. We did out best, but I think we really have to do our best next time." Yuki spoke.

At times like this, they really need a strong support system. That's all they can look forward too.

Ran took his time. He kept on sighing and checking his phone. He left it open for a while, he keeps staring at it.

A day old text messages. That's what he is currently looking at. *I didn't do well enough, the team fought hard, I'm just..* Ran thought as he couldn't compose a one single message for Hina. *Now, this. I feel like we're slowly drifting away from each other..*

"Are you alright?" Kenta asks. "Ah, Hina."

"..Was she expecting something from you? Like, if you get a gold, it'll be your token or—"

"No, in fact we're barely talking. The last time I saw her was at the gym, preparing for this event."

"I see, I see. She'll be happy once she sees you after this."

"I hope so." Ran put his phone back inside his bag without even responding to any of Hina's text messages. It may or not be his intention. He was just too overwhelmed with the people and the event.

"And here he is, one of the outstanding player from Japan Men Volleyball Team— Takahashi Ran."