He pushed Jungkook away, and stumbled on his own steps. The sight gave me an intuition that maybe he was drunk. When he looked at me, I quickly looked down at my feet, holding Jia's hand.

"Appa... I'll work hard. I'm sorry for everything. You can beat me up later, but for now, please... just let me go one last time."

"Where to?" He spat in his face and Jungkook lowered his eyes.

"I need to send her home. I'll be back soon and you can take it all out on me. I'll change my hair back to the original and I won't skip a single day."

"Can't she go back herself? I can see her legs. She can walk," he looked at Jungkook, "or do you need to carry her?"

I sniffled lightly because my heart was pounding too loud when his father started to walk in my direction. I took a step back, towering over Jia who pressed her back against the wall.

"Yah, being a grown up means you can travel on your own. Stop wasting my son's time and money! You, and you, all of you are making a fool out of my son and this brat being an idiot obeys everyone!" He spat in my face and I could feel his mouth reeking of alcohol. The smell made my stomach churn with disgust.

"I will...go back. I'm sorry." I whispered and turned back, only for Jungkook to hold my wrist, stopping me in my track.

"Appa, I told you I'm in charge. I promised her mom. She's a girl and it's getting dark."

"You promised something to your own parents too. Don't you remember?" He whispered to Jungkook and I tried to wriggle out of Jungkook's grasp, but he only held my wrist with a tighter force.

"I will fulfil everyone's promise. That's why I'm born, right?" His voice was cold, "I will do everything that makes you happy and won't do a single deed for myself. I'll work so hard until my body crashes and my breath resolutes. I will work until I forget I'm not a human anymore..."

He then tugged at my wrist, not making a single eye contact with his father and darted across the lobby.

"Yah! Yah!" His father shouted from behind but he kept on walking. I didn't blurt a single word but held Jia's hand while Jungkook held mine.

"Jungkook-ah!" His friend called out as he came running behind us. Jungkook turned around and I noticed the tiny bruise at the corner of his lips.

"Taehyung, are you okay?" Without letting go of his grasp on my wrist, Jungkook examined the other boy, "he didn't hurt you, did he?"

"I'm fine, Jungkookie." He whispered and turned to me, his eyes filled with regret and sorrow, "I never thought we'll meet like this. Hope you're okay after whatever happened."

I nodded, feeling my throat thicken as we kept walking until we walked out of the gates and onto the streets.

"Why did he do this to Jungkook?" I muttered, "what was his fault?"

The boy named Taehyung sighed as we kept walking. "He messed up his presentation and got expelled from the meeting that he was working on for some days, or that's what I heard him mutter when he entered the house."

"And then he drank. He often does this. After my grades were being emailed to him, I knew he'll soon come to see me but I didn't know that day was today." Jungkook whispered and I turned to him, my eyes fixed on his dark bruise that was covered in dry blood.