Chapter 47

(To Damon)

"Another suicide or a tragic accident? WKPW news has lost one of it's shining stars." A news lady on the TV states as Damon is in the middle of taking down the bulletin board that he made while tracking Klaus's movements. "Daily reporter and weekend anchor Andie Star was discovered..." The news lady trails off.

"Just can't stay away, can you?" Damon asks as Elena then walks over to him.

"You've been dodging my calls." Elena answers.

"Yeah, well, busy dating a dead fake girlfriend and all. Well, the girl I really want is serving a lunatic Hybrid." Damon states.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Elena questions.

"Happy Birthday, Elena. Stefan and your twin sister, (Y/N) killed Andie. Cake?" Damon asks as he goes to walk away.

"He called me, Damon." Elena answers causing Damon to turn to her.

"What?" Damon questions.

"Stefan called me last night." Elena responds.

"Well, did he say?" Damon asks.

"He didn't say anything, but it was him. I asked Sheriff Forbes if she would trace the call's origin. It came from Tennessee." Elena answers.

"Where he's binge drinking and (Y/N)'s burning the country folk. We went through this, Elena. They're gone. I don't mean Geographically." Damon insists while he walks over and throws the papers into the fire pit and then turns to her with a smile.

"If he was gone, he wouldn't have called and (Y/N) wouldn't blindly take orders like that." Elena states, but Damon just turns away from her, which causes her to scoff as she walks away.

(To Rick)

He was passed on his bed when someone begins banging on his door causing him to stir.

"Go away, Damon!" Rick shouts, but the knocking continues causing him to walk over to the door and open it only to see Elena standing there.

"Hi." Elena greets causing Rick to quickly button up his pants.

"You're, uh... Not who I expected." Rick stutters.

"I need you to tell me what you know about Stefan, (Y/N) and Tennessee." Elena requests.

"Did you miss the part where I checked out of all this?" Rick asks as he walks away grabbing a shirt off his chair.

"Come on, Rick. Whatever Damon knows, you know." Elena answers as she walks in shutting the door behind her.

"Ask Damon." Rick counters.

"Yeah, but Damon's not exactly in the mood to help right now." Elena states.

"For good reason. Because it's not safe for you. Stefan's off the rails and (Y/N) is obviously taking orders from Klaus." Rick declares.

"Yeah, but he's still holding on to his humanity, which means he can be saved. Also (Y/N) doesn't willingly take orders from anyone you know that." Elena explains.

"If that's true then why do you have to be the one to save him?" Rick questions.

"Because I'm not the kind of person who checks out. Look, neither one of them would give up on me. I'm not going to give up on them. Tell me what you know, Rick." Elena insists causing Rick to sigh. "Please." Elena pleads.

"They've been tracking Werewolves, all up the Eastern Seaboard. We thought we had 'em just outside of Memphis." Rick states.

(To Me)