Chapter 52

(To me)

I woke up feeling a bit drowsy and then look around to see I was in Damon's bed. "Oh yeah, me and Damon..." I think, but then look over and put on a confused expression.

"Where did he run off to?" I wonder as I then feel as if someone was watching me. "Is someone there?!" I call out, but there was no response and get up out of the bed and begin to put on my clothes that were stretch across the floor.

(To Damon)

"Oh, you got to be kidding me." Damon groans as he looks down to see he was chained to a chair with an iron object through his chest. "Oh, Stefan!" Damon grumbled, but then looks down to see his ring on the floor. "Low blow, Stefan. Low blow." Damon declares.

"What the hell happened to you?" Stefan asks.

"Whatever twisted ripper game this is, leave me out of it." Damon answers as Stefan walks over to him

"I didn't do this." Stefan insists.

"Quit screwin' around!" Damon demands.

"I didn't. It's pretty messed up though isn't it?" Stefan asks as he then grabs the iron object pulling it out of his chest.

"AAAHHH! ahh." Damon sounds and Stefan then rips off one of the hand restrictions. Patting Damon's shoulder Stefan then walks away causing Damon to groan. "Yeah, not to worry. I'll just untangle myself." Damon calls out as he begins trying to break out of the chains, but then the curtains open causing him to scream out in pain.

"Damon? Damon!" I shout as I quickly clap my hands together causing the curtain to close and I rush over to him.

(To Mrs. Lockwood)

As a long-time member of the Historical Society, I am especially proud o be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers. Tonight, we turn off out town's lights and flare up our lanterns in honor of the night of illumination started by our Founders 150 years ago. Here's Founding Family member Tobias Fell with a History lesson." Mrs. Lockwood explains as she then steps down from the podium.

"What are we doing here?" Jeremy asks turning to Rick.

"Tobias Fell is the head of the History Department. I didn't have a choice." Rick answers.

"All right, that explains what you're doing here." Jeremy states.

"Well, I'm the one who can fail you if you don't help me out." Rick declares, but then Elena rushes up to them.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. What did I miss?" Elena asks.

"Just them spouting a bunch of lies." Anna insists, but only Jeremy was able to hear her.

"You didn't miss anything." Jeremy answers.

"Is (Y/N) not with you?" Rick questions causing Elena to put on a confused expression.

"Yeah, come to think of it I didn't see or hear her come home last night." Jeremy adds.

"She's not with me, she probably slept over at the Salvatore Boarding house." Elena declares with an annoyed expression.

"I asked her to come help out..." Rick trails off under his breath as they both look over to the old man that was talking.

"The first illumination was held in celebration with the new found prosperity that Mystic Falls enjoyed after the war." Mr. Tobias states.

"After the Founder's stole from all the Vampires." Anna points out causing Jeremy to chuckle a bit which making Elena turn to him.

"What's so funny?" Elena asks, but Jeremy motions towards Mr. Tobias causing her to turn around.