Chapter 37

(To Me)

We were all laying in Caroline's bed fast asleep when someone's phone begins to ring. "Sleeping, go away." Caroline calls out as she rolls over and I then hear a groan. I was at the end of the bed and open my eyes to see Elena rolled off the bed. "Glad I got the end of the bed." I think as I hold in my laughter. I then see Elena crawl over and answer the phone.

"Hello." Elena greets.

"Shh!" Bonnie sounds.

"Elena!" Caroline groans causing Elena to get up and walk out of the room. "It's probably Stefan." I think as I roll over and roll my eyes. I go to close my eyes when I then hear her beginning to flirt and I about gag. "Could you go farther away then just outside the room? I really don't want to hear you flirting." I think as I feel my phone vibrate.

"How was your slumber party?" The text from Damon read and a slight smile appeared on my face. "So he's texting me now, huh?" I think as I begin to respond to his question.

"Good and much needed." I text back.

(To Rick)

He walks up to the Salvatore's house and was about to open the door when Damon then opens it, while staring at his phone with a smirk. "What's so interesting?" Rick asks and Damon scoffs.

"Nothing, come in." Damon answers as he puts his phone in his pocket and Rick walks in and they both walk over to a table. "So John and (Y/N) gave me this to kill Elijah." Damon states as he takes the cloth off to reveal the dagger. "They said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals. (Y/N) trusts that John's telling the truth." Damon explains as he hands the dagger to Rick

"So you think it's a setup?" Rick questions.

"It could be. No offense to (Y/N), but that guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him. What are you up to today, Mr. Saltzman?" Damon asks.

"Well, Jenna and I were supposed to go to her family's Lake House, but somehow, we both got roped into doing this Historical Society thing at the Lockwoods." Rick answers.

"Where Elijah's the guest of honor." Damon states.

"Tell me you're not gonna kill him at the tea party." Rick says.

"No. That would be stupid. I want to know his endgame before I kill him, but I do think it's time Elijah and I officially met." Damon insists.

(To me)

Bonnie, Caroline and I were sitting at the Grill. "Okay. So tell me about this big witchy plan you've both been cooking up." Caroline insists and I about spit out my drink.

"How did you know?" I ask as I look over at Bonnie and she let's out a sigh.

"We still don't know the extent of what Elijah's up to." Bonnie states and I let out a sigh. "Caroline is fine as long as she doesn't blab." I think as she nods.

"No, we don't." Caroline agrees.

"So Bonnie's going to use her charm to get info out of Luka." I declare.

"You think that will work?" Caroline asks.

"If it doesn't then I'll get it out of him another way." Bonnie answers as I then look over to see Matt staring at Caroline. "What?" Bonnie questions as she then looks over and then Caroline does as she waves at him with a smile. However Matt looking a bit pissed walks away without waving causing Bonnie and I to turn to Caroline.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"Yeah, what's that about?" Bonnie questions.

"Uh, I don't know. I thought that we were... I don't know." Caroline answers.