Chapter 55

(To Bonnie)

She was sitting at the Grill with Elena, whose looking around frantically. "I feel like I'm going crazy. When I think about (Y/N) and if she's okay, I start to become paranoid." Elena states.

"You have a right to be. Once again he's kidnapped her and he knows you tried to kill him." Bonnie informs.

"Why hasn't he made a move and what does he want (Y/N) for? There has been no sign or contact from either of them, nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity." Elena declares.

"Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare on repeat." Bonnie insists.

"The same dream?" Elena asks.

"Yeah. 4 coffins. Klaus is in one of them. It's weird." Bonnie answers.

"What I'd it's not just... Some dream? What if it's, like, you know, a witch dream?" Elena questions.

"It's just stress. I'll figure it out. What about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?" Bonnie asks causing Elena to shake here head slightly.

"He betrayed us, Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone." Elena answers.

"How is Damon handling all this?" Bonnie questions.

"Damon is... Damon." Elena responds.

(To Damon)

Uh, you have your choice- Bloody Mary, Screwdriver. Brunch in a bottle." Damon declares as he knocks back a shot and then take a drink of a huge cup of orange juice. "Come on, Rick. I can't drink all this by myself. I mean, I can, but then I don't know what I might do." Damon insists, but Rick glares over at him.

"Shouldn't you be trying to get your girlfriend back then drinking?" Rick asks, but Damon scoffs.

"(Y/N) made it clear that she'll be fine. So come one drink with me." Damon pleads, but Rick goes back to looking at his papers.

"I'm busy." Rick insists.

"What you doing homework?" Damon questions.

"This may come as a shock, but I am not here to hang out with you. I'm here to see Jeremy, who is an hour late for his shift." Rick responds.

"Kids today. Where are their values?" Damon asks.

"You don't have any room to talk..." Rick trails off as he then puts a packet in front of Damon with an F n it. "That's his midterm paper. Copied it straight off the internet. Didn't even try to hide it." Rick states.

"Ooh. Somebody's getting grounded." Damon teases.

"Did you say you were waiting for Jeremy as in Jeremy Gilbert?" The Bartender questions.

"Yeah." Rick responds.

"He was fired last week." The Bartender declares.

"Oops." Damon sounds causing Rick to look over at Elena, who is setting down her cup.

(To Jeremy)

He fired the crossbow and hits the can with an arrow.

"Nice shot." Tyler declares.

"So what's the point of this, again?" Jeremy asks.

"The point is I'm pissed at Caroline, and Bonnie dumped your ass. The point... is to get drunk and shoot stuff." Tyler answers.

"Profound. Alaric finds out I took this, he's going to use it on me." Jeremy states.

"At least it isn't (Y/N) she'd have burnt your ass... So what's the deal with that? He's, like, your guardian now?" Tyler asks.