Chapter 49

(To me)

"There has to be more to this dress!" Rebekah insists as she turns to me, but I shake my head.

"It's just the style-"

There's not!" Klaus calls out from the sitting area while interrupting me.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then." Rebekah states as she walks out of the dressing room and I follow after her in the dress on the thumbnail.

"I guess you could say that, but I'm not really one to wear dresses." I insists as I look down at the quite revealing dresses we were wearing. Both Klaus and Stefan look over at each other while drinking their drink as they look over at us.

"There's something you don't see everyday." Stefan declares causing my face to redden. "This is embarrassing... Why am I getting dressed up too?" I wonder as Rebekah looks over at me.

"You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." Rebekah informs and I look over to Klaus, who had his signature smirk looking back at me.

"You wore trousers so woman of Little Witches generation could wear nothing." Klaus insists.

"This is embarrassing..." I trail off.

"Good job Nick, you made her embarrassed.... What is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Rebekah proclaims..

"It's dance music." Stefan cuts in.

"Either one of you would dance to this?" Rebekah asks looking between me and Stefan.

"Hmm." Stefan sounds, but I shake my head.

"I'm not really into this type of music." I insist.

"Are we done? Our Little Witch looks like she's about to croak." Klaus declares causing everyone to turn to me, but I put my hands up.

"No, I'm fine. Just not used to this type of thing..." I trail off looking away. "I'm actually exhausted, but with their tempers. I don't really wanna deal with either of them mad, so I've just been going along with it." I think as Rebekah looks over at Klaus.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah questions.

"I needed one thing from you for my witches to find out why my Hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it." Klaus responds.

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years. So what do you think of us?" Rebekah asks looking over at Stefan.

"I like it." Stefan answers and I glance over at Klaus.

"Yeah, you finally got Little Witch to wear something other than black for a change." Klaus adds. "I don't wear black that much... Do I?" I wonder as Rebekah gives them a look.

"What? We said we like it." Stefan insists, but then she grabs a hold of my arm.

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." Rebekah states as she begins dragging us back in. "Damn it!" I think as I glare over at Stefan.

"Nice one, good work." Klaus jibes starring over at Stefan.

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her." Stefan declares.

"I heard that!" Rebekah calls out with an angry expression and then looks over at me.

"That was rude." I insists and Rebekah nods.

(To Stefan)

He goes to exit the shop when he sees Katherine across the street and signals her head for him to come over and then walks away. Stefan glances back to Klaus, who was drowning himself in alcohol, while siting on the chair. Quickly turning back he begins to follows after her.