Chapter 77

(To Tyler)

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness, in times of tragedy, leads to healing. That one community is stronger than a thousand of it's members. But how does a community stay strong after losing it's leader? And Carol was so much more than just a mayor. She was... An open-minded friend... And a concerned Mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident." Liz explains as she was standing before the gym bleachers with a Pictor of Carol Lockwood beside her.

"Screw this." Tyler insists as he goes to get up, but Caroline turns to him.

"Tyler." Caroline says, but he ignores her and walks out of the gym.

"Please join me in observing a minute of silence in her memory." Liz requests causing everyone to place their heads down. However, Elena was looking over at Caroline only to catch a glimpse of Rebekah walking into the Gym.

"You okay?" Bonnie asks turning to Elena.

"I'll be right back." Elena answers as she gets up and begins walking to were she saw Rebekah.

"Thank you. In the wake of this tragedy, the town has selected an interim Mayor. Many of you already know him. Please welcome Mr. Rudy Hopkins." Liz informs as a man gets up and walks over to her.

"Thank you, Sheriff. Carol Lockwood put this town first, and that's why I'm here to talk to you guys." Rudy begins as Elena walks out of the Gym and into the hallway, but then begins to hear sobbing causing her to look around.

"April? What's wrong?" Elena asks as she walks over to her.

"Nothing. I'm fine." April answers as she looks away from her.

"But you're crying." Elena points out causing April to look back over at her.

"It's just the whole Mayor thing. You know, it's bringing up stuff with my Dad and I know you're a Vampire." April made known.

"Wait. What?" Elena questions as Rebekah comes up behind her and snaps Elena's neck.

"Was that necessary?!" April exclaims with a worried expression.

"No, but it was fun." Rebekah smirks.

(To Caroline)

"Hey, you missed the mandatory all-school assembly." Caroline informs through the phone.

"Well that's because I'm at a mandatory all-alone drinking party." Stefan states and then takes a drink of his glass.

"Seriously? You decided to go on a Ripper bender now?" Caroline asks with an angry expression.

"Realizing my brother is the reason why Elena broke up with me. Kind of puts a little bit of a damper on things." Stefan answers.

"First of all, you are not supposed to know that. Second of all, Tyler is already spiraling, and he gets priority." Caroline declares.

"His Mother just died. What do you expect?" Stefan questions.

"I'm his girlfriend. I expect him to talk to me. But instead he's all angry, and it doesn't help that everyone keep referring to his Mother's death as an accident, which is really just a polite way of saying that she was drunk." Caroline responds as she walked through the empty halls of the school.

"Do you think Klaus killed her?" Stefan asks.

Well, I don't think she drowned in a Martini glass. Just get it together. I can't do it alone." Caroline answers as she hangs up the phone.

(To Elena)

Opening her eyes she sees she was the Library up and slowly stands up to see April walk over to her.