Chapter 48

(To Damon)

He was pouring himself a drink when his phone rings.

"You're interrupting my drink." Damon says through the phone.

"Miss me?" Katherine asks.

"Katherine. Where are you?" Damon questions.

"Lurking outside your window, pining away." Katherine chuckles.

"What do you want?" Damon asks.

"I'm homesick. What have I missed?" Katherine questions.

"Well, Stefan and (Y/N) are still Klaus' little prisoners and Elena still thinks she can save them and no one's thought about you since you left." Damon explains.

"And what about you? I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother and (Y/N), you're plotting some sort of way of moving in on Elena." Katherine states.

"I didn't give up on them and I'm no way interested in Elena. I just don't know where they are." Damon insists.

"Hmm." Katherine sounds.

"But you do. Are you tailing them?" Damon asks.

"A Hybrid who wants me dead, a sidekick who's off the rails and a insanely powerful witch? I couldn't be further away." Katherine answers.

"Which means you know exactly where they are." Damon states.

"All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his Hybrids didn't work. Now he's looking for some answers, which he's probably making (Y/N) find." Katherine explains.

"How do you know that?" Damon questions.

"She's the Original Witch Damon, I wouldn't expect anything else from Klaus... Also, spend 500 years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you." Katherine responds.

"Is that what you're doing? Looking out for my Brother?" Damon asks.

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm conflicted. (Y/N) has tried to kill me so many times-"

"Where are they?" Damon questions, while interrupting Katherine.

(To me)

we are in a black SUV when Klaus turns to Stefan and I. "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus states causing me to look over at him as he gets out of the vehicle and Stefan follows after him.

"This is my first time being in Chicago." I mutter as I get out of the car following after them. "Of course I'd be traveling the world with a deranged Hybrid." I think as I roll my eyes.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks, while Klaus opens up a door.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days." Klaus answers as I look through to see a truck along with a bunch of tall buildings behind it.

"Blocked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan counters. "I'm guessing he wants to reawaken ripper Stefan more than he already has, while forcing me to find out why his Werewolves aren't turning Hybrid." I think as I let out a small sigh.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend." Klaus states.

"It sounds as if you were there." I suggest causing him to glance over at me with a smirk.

"Chicago was magical." Klaus declares.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan insists as he goes to walk away.