Chapter 54

(To Stefan)

He was on the phone calling someone and they pick up.

"Portland is fantastic once you get over all the whiney music and healthy-looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for Werewolves." Klaus's voice rigs out from the phone.

"Your Father's dead." Stefan declares.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus asks.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual Father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan questions.

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus responds.

(One hour earlier)

"All right, we'll say that Mikael followed Elena and (Y/N) in here. He tried to grab Elena so he could use her as bait." Stefan insists as Elena, Damon and I follow after him.

"And you, what, Vervained him?" Elena asks and I chuckle.

"By himself?" I question with a Yeah-Right expression.

"No, you used you're magic to stop him and Stefan and I Vervained him. The guys an Original. Make it realistic." Damon insists.

"Ok. Fine. In the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan continues.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead-"

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan inturrupts Elena.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" I ask causing Elena and Stefan to look over at me.

"Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up ad tongue tied." Damon points out.

"Well don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan states.

"Great, some help you're going to be." I insist as I roll my eyes causing him to glare over at me.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof." Elena declares.

"Not smart, more like paranoid lunatic..." I trail off as I then feel a powerfully ominous presence causing me to grow dizzy and I begin to fall backwards.

"(Y/N)!" I hear Damon and Elena call out. "Shit!" I think as I instinctively close my eyes preparing for impact.

"Are you alright?" A voice I know all too well asks causing me to hesitantly open my eyes to see Mikael had caught me and the presence completely disappears.

"Yes, thank you." I answer causing him to walk over and he sets me gently on one of the many chairs in the room. "Could he have done that on purpose...? No, he couldn't possibly know I'm Esther's reincarnation, right?" I wonder as he then turn to Damon, Elena and Stefan.

"I shall be dead." Mikael declare as he walks over to the table and pulls out a dagger and ash.

"What If he wants to see you in person?" Elena asks as Damon head over to me, but I shake my head.

"I'm okay." I mouth as I glance over at Mikael, whose staring rather intensely at me. "This feel way too weird..." I think as Mikael then looks over at Elena.

"Well, it means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him." Mikael declares and I feel my heart suddenly drop.

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him." I state causing everyone to look over at me, but I stare at Mikael with a face full of mixed emotions.