Chapter 38

(To Damon)

He pulls out his phone and dials Stefan's number and waits for him to pick up.

"What's going on?" Stefan's voice ringed out from the phone.

"Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed." Damon answers.

"That makes one of us." Stefan states.

"I did hear one piece of good news, though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." Damon declares.

"How do you know?" Stefan asks.

"Well, I heard it first from (Y/N), who said she got a call from a very distraught Carol Lockwood asking if she knew anything and then heard it from Sheriff Forbes. Thus, ending our Werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Damon trails off.

"Killing Elijah." Stefan finish his sentence.

"Exactly." Damon adds as he tosses up the dagger he received from John and catches it.

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty." Stefan insists.

"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger." Damon proclaims.

"He's an Original. We don't know what all that encompasses." Stefan informs.

"Oh, trust me Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my T's. I don't want any surprises." Damon declares.

"Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once." Stefan teases.

"Yes, Stefan, I've become you. How tragic for both of us. Got to run. I've a murder to plan and a witch to keep an eye on. Busy day." Damon states.

"Do you mean (Y/N), why do you need to keep an eye on her?" Stefan asks.

"Well if Elijah really thinks she's the key and if he catches wind of my plans then he could try to kidnap her again. That would be bad." Damon answers.

"Don't let her get hurt... I can't have Elena worrying more and end up wanting to go home." Stefan pleads.

"As if I would let Firecracker get hurt, whelp toddles." Damon says as he hangs up the phone.

(To Jenna and Elijah)

"The old Fell Property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna states.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the "Founding Families." Elijah declares.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asks.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of Townsfolk from the Northeast. Um, it was Salem, to be precise." Elijah answers.

"Massachusetts? As in the Witch Trails?" Jenna questions.

"Witch means the ender lauded Founding Families... They didn't actually found anything." Elijah insists.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being Founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jenna states.

"Yes, they are." Elijah agrees as he sees Rick walk up to them.

"Um, Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduces him.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a History Buff and all. Where to next?" Rick asks.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the Descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American History." Elijah answers.