✿CHAPTER-30✿

AUTHOR'S POV

He again and again checked it and remembered her wearing it.. Those twinkling sounds of her arrival how could he forget??.. Her beautiful feet how could he forget??..

Atlast he shook off his all thoughts and took the payal with him

Atlast he shook off his all thoughts and took the payal with him.. Then riding on his horse he set out for the palace..

~✿✿~

Entering into his chamber Hreedant sat on the couch holding the payal and the dagger in his hand..

"Hreedant!!".. A voice came..

Looking at the door he found Urmi was standing.. Seeing her Hreedant immediately hid those..

"Yes, Maa".. Coming near her Hreedant uttered..

"Did you get Dakshayani??".. Hreedant couldn't lie to his mother as well as he wasn't wanting to give her stresses.. So, he suppressed the truth..

"Yes Maa.. She was at the temple and she will come soon.. You don't have to take any stresses".. He faked a smile..

"Maa!!".. As soon as he completed his sentence a cheerful voice of Dakshayani came from the door.. Both son and mother diverted their gaze..

"Dakshayani!!.. Where have you been??.. We were tensed about you".. Urmi uttered coming near her..

"I just went to pluck some flowers for Puja".. She told them without hesitation..

"But Hreedant told me you were missing from yesterday!!".. Urmi exclaimed as Dakshayani gazed at Hreedant from the corner of her eyes..

"Nothing like that Maa.. I was here only yesterday but he was in deep slumber.. That's why he didn't notice me".. Looking at him she added..

"How can it be possible??.. Being a warrior I have to be cautious everytime and I couldn't sense someone's presence that too my love's??".. He thought to himself..

After Urmi left the chamber Hreedant came near Dakshayani..

"What happened my love??.. Where were you from yesterday??".. He asked calmly..

"I went to pluck flowers for Puja".. She replied rudely..

"But I checked the garden before going to the temple, you weren't there.. Even I didn't notice when did you come to our chamber last night".. He again asked calmly..

Dakshayani got irritated on his nonstop queries..

"I'm not bound to tell you".. She declared angrily..

"I didn't mean like that, my love!!.. I wasn't doubting on you.. It's just that I was tensed.. I was missing you so much at Udai Nagar.. Then after my arrival from Udai Nagar we didn't talk properly at once, so I was craving for you".. He tried to explain her and showed her the Payal..

"Then I saw your Payal at the Shiv Temple.. So, I was just asking that where were you??".. He told holding her shoulder..

Dakshayani gazed at the Payal at once.. Then turned her gaze as she didn't bother if he got to know where was she..

"Don't you dare touch me!!".. She shouted with blood red eyes..

"And one more thing, Yes!!.. My Payal was at the temple because I went there but I'm not intended to tell you what I was doing there and when did I go there".. Saying so she snatched her payal and left the chamber with anger..

"Dakshayani!", "Dakshayani!!"..

Hreedant called again and again with his but she didn't look at him once.. Hreedant became numb on her sudden reaction.. Even she told him not to touch her!!..

"Why she is behaving like this with me suddenly??.. Why??"

~✿✿~

Sitting on the couch Hreedant took the dagger in his hand and tried to recall the owner of the dagger closing his eyes.. A blurry image of a girl flashed infront of her eyes.. He tried to focus on that image again pressuring on his mind.. As soon as he got a clear view of that image he jerked off from the couch.. His feet were trembling and hands were shaking..

"I.. It is Da.. Dakshayani 's dagger.. I.. I've seen her keeping it in her wa.. waistband when I was in Cha.. Chandragadh".. His voice cracked as he couldn't believe it.. He felt like the whole earth shook under his feet..

~✿✿~