✿CHAPTER-24✿

AUTHOR'S POV

Dakshayani was sitting on the bed and was irritated thinking about the morning incident..

Hreedant stepped into the chamber closing the door.. Dakshayani 's thoughts broke on the crackling sounds of the big iron doors..

"Ji listen!!".. She looked at him..

"Seems like you are so lost.. Is anything bothering you??".. Hreedant asked feeling that something happened with her..

"Actually in the mor__".. She started but stopped at the middle thinking that he might be tired after the court works.. So, this was not the perfect time for all these..

"Nothing".. She lied.. Hreedant came near her and sat beside her..

"Hmmm.. By the way I forgot to tell you something that I'm going to Udai Nagar next week for the marriage of King Jaswant's son.. Pitaji won't be able to attend because of the court works here.. That's why he told me to go there on behalf of him".. He told..

"But for how many days??".. Dakshayani asked..

"Maybe for two - three weeks or more".. Hreedant's reply made her sad..

"But what I will do here alone in those two-three weeks??".. She became upset..

"You are not alone my love.. Maa, Pitaji all will be here".. But Dakshayani wasn't convinced on his reply.. Hreedant understood that se wasn't wanting to let him go leaving her alone..

"I will come back soon.. Please don't be sad or else I won't be able to go".. He cupped her face..

"Then don't go".. She placed her palm above his..

"I can't deny, my love.. I can't make Pitaji angry again".. He cleared..

"I promise I will try to come back soon and moreover I will send letters for you from there".. He assured..

"But I'm not getting good vibes.. I don't think you should have to go there.. My heart is tensed and something isn't seeming good to me".. Her inner soul was saying something was going to be wrong..

"My love, All is well.. Just for some days.. I will come back as soon as possible".. Saying so he took her in his embrace.. Dakshayani also placed her head on his chest closing her eyes but inside her heart there're numerous thoughts..

~✿✿~

Hreedant got up early in the morning and was getting ready to go to Udai Nagar.. Dakshayani was helping him to find all his belongings and at last she gave him his crown.. Wearing it Hreedant turned towards her and gazed at her.. Seeing her upset he cupped her face..

"Will miss you".. He uttered pecking her forehead..

"Me too".. She couldn't control her emotions and hugged him..

Detaching themselves they came near the entrance.. Hreedant took the blessings of his parents..

"Ask my apology from king Jaswant for not attending his son's marriage".. King Dushyant told Hreedant as he nodded..

Riding on his horse Hreedant left for Udai Nagar glancing at Dakshayani one last time before going who was standing still looking at his faded figure..

~✿✿~

"The time has came".. Chandrakant laughed evilly looking the direction from his balcony where Dakshayani was standing..

~✿✿~

Dakshayani was sitting on the bed thinking about Hreedant while Urmi entered her chamber..

"Ummm.. So what are you thinking??.. About Hreedant??".. Urmi asked smilingly..

Dakshayani 's thoughts broke as she looked at the door.. Seeing her she came near her and touched her feet..

"Why did you come here??.. You could call me".. Urmi cupped her face..

"I'm not so old that I can't walk".. Urmi pouted..

"I didn't mean like that Maa".. She lowered her gaze.. Urmi laughed on her actions..

"I was just teasing you.. As Hreedant left so I thought to enlighten your mood like Hreedant used to do".. She smiled..

"Maa!!.. I'm so lucky that I have got a mother-in-law like you who always treats me like her own daughter".. She hugged her..

"I'm also lucky getting you who loves my son to no end and for a mother what else can be".. She too hugged her back..

Then they both went to the kitchen while chit-chatting..

~✿✿~