Unexpectedly found

Start from the beginning

"Ahh, so it's your problem... Why are you bringing your stupid problems here in Lukedonia?! This time involving a kid?!" Gradeus angrily asked pointing at the girl who frowns at him.

"Master said that he would supervise our work. Even the Lord gave his permission for her stay here." And that shuts Gradeus up.

"And I am not a kid." Miya interjected.

"As if I would believe that obvious lie." The Clan Leader grunts before slumping down on a chair.

"It's true though." She frowns at him.

"That's useless, he wouldn't believe you. Let's continue our progress." Frankenstein turns to his Master who nods at him before leaving with Miya behind him.

Gradeus stares at the human who is walking eagerly as if forgetting about him being there. He remembers how in awe she was a while ago when she first saw him. Was it admiration? Well, it's not really a surprise if a human would admire a powerful entity like him. Even nobles admire him...

"Is it true, Sir Raizel?" He asked the Noblesse who looks at him solemnly before nodding. He stares at the lone noble as Raizel looks outside his window, in his usual spot.

'If she's not a child... then why is she so small?' He asks himself and shakes his head at the realization that he is being curious about a mere human's status.

~~~

A few months passed and it seems like Gradeus grew fond of the human. Raizel stares at the smiling Clan Leader who is on his way towards the mansion with a few things in his clutch. His reason for visiting the mansion changed from seeing the Noblesse to visiting to see Miya.

Gradeus wouldn't think of Miya occasionally however, his thoughts would sometimes wander about her. He would bring fruits from the wild trees of Lukedonia, forcing her to eat them as she was too thin for his liking. Why would she need to accommodate his liking? He, himself, doesn't know.

Miya, on the other hand, has been getting comfortable with the Clan Leader. And every time he left the mansion she would ask things about him to Frankenstein who soon got annoyed at her antics which resulted in her asking Raizel instead. Due to Gradeus' heightened senses, he would still hear her, entertaining him further.

Miya opens the door for Gradeus as the Clan Leader looks at her, satisfied with how healthy she looks. Gone is the frail-looking human who looked like a kid and standing in front of him is a healthy and happy woman.

"What do you have for me today?" She cheekily asked him while leaning on the doorframe.

"You're getting bolder every passing day." Gradeus shakes his head. Her smile grew bigger when he gives her the basket he is currently holding.

"Are you done for today?" Gradeus asked upon seeing that Frankenstein is standing behind Raizel with a serious look on his face.

"We are almost at the peak of the research." Miya smiles at him proudly. Gradeus nods at her but remained silent, their project itself is dangerous and her being a mere human makes it all the more dangerous. Them finishing the research only meant that they will be continuing to the next step, the actual deed of destroying the cursed weapon. Even the Noblesse himself cannot do it because of the backlash that it would create. The best way for everyone to be safe is to keep the weapon locked away where no one can find it. But the human curiosity and greed for its power are something that cannot be taken away.