S4 Part 43 - Say Something

"Hawks, why!"

You were all but dragged away from Denki by Dark Shadow until you were out in the hall. Hawks and Tokoyami then brought you to your new room, for Denki's safety and yours.

"Why are they here!" You demanded a second time.

"This was not tactful, Hawks," Tokoyami said. His muscles protruded from his fitted black shirt, almost as if to intimidate.

"I'm sorry," Hawks grimaced, "Let me explain..."

"You could have explained on the way here!" You glowered, "I'm not in the mood for your games. Just leave..."

"(Y/N)?" He asked.

"I'll sleep on it and be fine tomorrow... Just let me be upset," You turned away as to make your final statement to him. Hawks sighed, and you visualized his shoulders sinking.

"That's fair. I have to run a quick errand but I'll be around later if you wanna talk," he said, and you heard him leaving your room. Tokoyami hadn't moved yet. You could tell because the dark aura in the room hadn't dissipated. With a heavy sigh, you peered over your shoulder.

"Do you think I'm being a brat?" You asked.

"I think it's perfectly natural for you to be upset," he said, "I don't know everything and I'm not defending Hawks exactly, but you should know his actions were... beneficial to our classmates. And to you?"

"Beneficial how?" You laughed, "That butthead kidnapped me!"

"... Hawks?"

"No! No, it's... Uh..." did you tell him everything right now? Shouldn't he know what Denki did? What did Tokoyami know, anyway? But the dark bird answered that for you next.

"All I really know is that Shinso, Kaminari, and Hagakure could have been in trouble if not for him. I haven't pressed the matter," Tokoyami said, "I don't know exactly what transpired between you and Shinso... or Kaminari."

"I see," you muttered. Ugh! You wanted answers but you sent the man with answers away! Maybe it wasn't too late to chase him down, but it felt embarrassing now.

A soft knock came to your door, and you prepared an apology, but when you saw who it was you stopped. Your heart broke again seeing Shinso standing there, looking wounded and tired. His sleepy eyes gazed at you longingly.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"I don't think that would be best right now," Tokoyami's deep voice challenged his own. It didn't look like Shinso was going to push him either, which was a little out of character. Or, perhaps he respected Tokoyami more than, let's say, Bakugo.

"It's okay, Tokoyami..." you said, "Thank you."

Dark Shadow retreated back to Tokoyami. He glanced at you once more and nodded before exiting the room. Shinso closed the door behind him and waited.

You felt braver with Tokoyami present, but this wasn't a chat you wanted everyone else to listen in on just yet. Assuming this was a real chat and he wasn't going to brainwash you again.

When you left Shinso, he had just admitted to killing cultists and brainwashing you. Technically... you hadn't verbally broken up, which made your activities with Tomura and Dabi - and Heller - even more sketchy. You sort of assumed that was made clear when you took off with Twice, but now you were feeling a little guilty. Only a little, though.

Why did every guy who said they loved you have to go and pull crap like this?

"We didn't have time to talk before," Shinso said, "but..."