S4 Part 20 - Betrayal

"Deku," you eyes widened, "Please, you have to go!"

You looked back to see where Tomura was, and then back to Izuku. Was it possible Izuku could take these three on his own? Even if he could, did you want him to?

If Tomura saw him, or Dabi, they would try to kill him for sure.

"You don't have to be afraid," Izuku said, "I'm going to-"

The ambulance started swerving and you both lost your balance. Tomura disintegrated the glass windshield and grabbed for the stirring wheel. When that was gone too, he quickly released and the van spun on its side.

Izuku grabbed you and you rolled off the car together. He kept you close to his chest while he took the brunt of the fall. The road tore the back of his costume as he grit his teeth.

The two of you curled up on the street, blocked from view by the van. A small fire caught under the hood and you could feel the warm flames from where you were. Izuku's breath was harsh against your neck as he was still holding on to you for dear life.

You jumped when you heard Tomura on the other side, no doubt having conflict with the cultists who had been driving. It wouldn't take long, unless more of Butcher's people were on the way.

What do you do now? You missed everyone back home, but the whole point was to keep them out of this as much as possible. And Izuku wasn't going to leave. A hero wouldn't let you go with the League of Villains, so...

I'll have to make you...

When you hurried to your feet, Izuku was quick to follow you. It looked like he was getting ready to scoop you up and run all the way back to the others, but you stopped him.

"I can't just come back," you explained, pushing his arms down, "We don't have time to talk about it now."

"Then we talk about it somewhere safe," Izuku took your hands, "Even if it's just you and me. Even if you aren't ready for everyone else yet. Shigaraki can't be the only person who can shoulder your burdens - he shouldn't be anything to you! He's going to hurt you, (Y/N), and I won't wait around for it to happen."

He pulled you in to him, holding both of your hands together under his chin. You could feel everything; his worry, his sincerity, the energy that flowed through him - and multiple, nameless entities..?

But most of all, you could feel his heart.

"What would you do?" You asked, meeting his eyes, "If it was your time to face All For One."

That stalled him a bit. He looked ready to answer but the words never came. You gave him a sad smile, "I know..."

You took your hands away, only to cup his face. He didn't blush or stutter, even when you leaned in and touched his soft lips with yours. Your fingers curled into his mess of hair, clinging on to his pure, goodness, for a moment longer.

Izuku was powerful. You could taste it this time, unlike times before. He had gotten stronger, or something else had awakened from his quirk. As you drained his energy, it was like finding out that a video game character had several more life bars.

What's up with you, Deku..?!

He realized too late what this kiss meant. Although, something kept him from falling asleep. You dropped your hands and took a step back, already regretting everything you were about to do.

"I'm sorry," your voice cracked. He was hardly lucid, but you felt Tomura's presence from around the car. You only had a second to get Izuku away from here.