S3 Part 24 - Mixed Signals

Going out with Denki was always a different experience from what you would expect. He didn't sit across from you at restaurants - he sat next to you. Anything to be in proximity. If you didn't find him adorable you up would claim claustrophobia.

The two of you just grabbed some cheap burgers close by. After having your stupid feelings and emotions stepped on, you weren't going to risk getting involved in a villain attack. The closer to UA the better.

"So, can I just say how totally psyched I am that you can play it chill and classy?" Denki said, taking a sip from his fountain drink.

"How do you mean?"

"Like I could take you to an upscale cocktail party and a McDonald's and you'll rock it at both."

"Ha! You haven't seen me at a cocktail party," you said, "But I do love me some cheap junk food."

"I know, but I know you'd look good in a dress," he winked.

It was nice having him there to sort of nurse your ego. Although, hanging out immediately after witnessing Shinso getting confessed to probably wasn't smart. You continued to eat your burger like it would fill the hole you felt in your chest.

"Are you nervous about the exams?" You asked him.

"I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't. But I think I got a plan."

"Which is?"

"Follow Bakugo around and pick up the slack," he said, "Guys an animal - I'll just slide on by with the whole passing thing."

"That's cheap!" You laughed.

"Or! Is it smart?"

"I wonder what the tests are going to be... fighting more robots? Or something more fun."

"What's 'more fun' to you?" Denki grimaced.

You glanced over at him and noticed a table nearby with a few young girls watching you both. The one focused on you blushed and turned away quickly while the other nudged her shoulder.

"What is it?" Denki asked.

"I forget sometimes that people know us. Like, a lot of people. I'm pretty sure we're going to be photos in someone's phone."

"No way - like celebrities!" Denki turned his head and all the girls panicked. But he just smiled at them and threw his arm around you.

"We'll smile if you share that photo with me, honey," Denki told them, "I need to update my phone wallpaper."

You grinned at him in disbelief. The girls we're thrilled Denki had been so nice and as you watched him socialize with them, you realized preteens were going on to be his major fan base. He does low key look like he's in a boy band.

Ha! The Bakusquad!

Denki was true to his word and had you and him as his lock screen now. It wasn't a bad picture -almost look like a real couple. How many "not" relationships did you have going now?

"Wow," he said suddenly, "I almost forgot about this video."

"Hm?" You looked over his shoulder at his phone.

"Remember forever ago when Stain was a thing?" He asked, "This video kept getting taken down and put back up again on the Tube. It's up again - probably because of All Might retiring. Wanna watch before it's disappears again?"

"Uh... I dunno," you frowned, "I wasn't too fond of Stain in person."

"I forgot!" He gasped, "what the hell was that like?!"