S3 Part 26 - Off To A Rocky Start

AN: Thanks guys for the 10k reads! You're all the best and I don't deserve you 😂😭😍
So, for anyone thinking - "oh no! What about Hawks?" 🤣 This story is far from over 🥲 So... just enjoy these moments with Shinso before shit happens. And for my fellow Shinso lovers, don't worry either? I don't want to spoil things but just letting you know the end isn't near for anyone really 💁‍♀️
Also , tangent - I just started Jujutsu Kaisen... ❤️ the anime intros (and outros?!) are insane!! ❤️

You placed the circle markers on your body. Student scattered around the arena, leaving you to worry about all their hidden strategies. It wasn't like you had tons of time to scheme, but you wondered if what Ojiro and Izuku said was true - that these guys have been plotting against UA long before today.

The minute was almost up. You were stretching your limbs and wings, trying to limber up and clear your mind. Shinso stood with his arms crossed, watching the mountain terrain that surrounded you. He had his mask on now, which made him look all the more intimidating. And hot. Also hot.

When you looked up at the empty stadium stands that encircled all of you, only a few people sat in the sea of chairs. The teachers, some randos you didn't know, and...

A pair of red wings waving like a pair of celebratory flags. You even heard Hawks trying to shout out to you. Ugh... now I really won't be able to focus.

You spotted Izuku approaching you and Shinso. The shy boy was swapped out for the determined mini-hero persona. He too was watching your surroundings with focused eyes.

"How's everyone doing?" You asked him, "Are they on board with our plan?"

"Kacchan left, but I'm not surprised," he sighed, "Todoroki too. Listen..."

He knew there wasn't much time, but you could tell this was information that weighed on him enough to make it known. You gave him your full attention while Shinso glanced apprehensively.

"There are some who... know what this exam means to you. Both of you," Izuku said, "While I'm sure passing or not won't change your feelings for each other, I felt like I should tell you. In case... well, I don't know. Just be careful."

"That's not a threat, is it? Midoriya," Shinso grunted. He switched his voice to sound exactly like Bakugo's, "You don't want to piss me off!"

"N-no!" Izuku waved his hands in his face, "Not at all! I mean, not from me. I'm sorry, you guys just didn't really, uh, make your union very private."

You cringed. Of course, you were too caught up in the moment to care at the time. But kissing in front of everyone, obviously not because you needed to use your quirk, was pretty inconsiderate of your friend's feelings.

"They'll get over it," Shinso said.

You scowled, "Ignore this heartless monster, Deku. We've been dating all of five seconds and he seems to have gotten cocky."

Shinso leaned his head to the side, feigning ignorance. It was cute and also irritating how he could go from broody to childish.

"I hope no one would risk the exams for something so... petty," you said, "But thanks for the heads up."

Izuku nodded, "Sure."

"Only seconds left," Shinso informed you both, "Let's see what we're in for."

You took a deep breath. The sun was hot but the breeze was cool. This exam was the ending of Summer and welcoming of Fall. Shinso gave you both enough space to act in case any attacks came your way, even though you would rather stand by his side.