S3 Part 27 - What A Mess

- In a building close by -

Shinso walked down the line of students he had brainwashed, tapping six targets like he was punching in a code at a vending machine. He had been alone since losing you and Izuku in the earthquake and had to retreat after getting swarmed by the Ketsubutsu class.

It ended up a blessing in disguise. Using his voice changer in a dark parking garage with anxious examinees was the perfect set up. He almost felt bad.

"If only the entrance exams had been this easy," Shinso muttered. He got his last target, claiming himself a spot in the top one hundred. Feeling that accomplishment was a huge difference from the sports festival.

"Now, then..." he focused on his other poor victims that he didn't need targets for, "If you head out there and find yourself a succubus, feel free to submit your targets. Or, anyone else from UA."

The zombified heroes walked out into the sunlight with dazed expressions. It was unlikely that any of them would make it to you without interruptions, but Shinso did it anyway. Even if you didn't take his offerings, it felt good showing off a bit.

Shinso noticed a dark silhouette in the exit that hadn't moved. He smirked, knowing his targets were no good now, "You're wasting your time. I'm out of here."

"Passed already, huh? That's cool!"

"Oh," Shinso turned, "I wasn't expecting anyone from our class. Feel free to tag a couple, Kaminari."

"What! Seriously? Thanks, man," He heard Denki whoop, "I was piggybacking off the wrong person! Gotta admit, though, that's pretty freaky..."

"I thought you'd be with Bakugo."

Denki adjusted his jacket and the new "sharp shooter" enhancing gear that he wore on his arm, "What - that hot head? He's a little nuts. Anyway, I thought you'd be with (Y/N)."

"I was. For a second," Shinso caught the jealous tone right away, "Besides, she's here to focus on the exam, same as me. I can't keep her tethered to my side."

"You're way lax, man," Denki sighed, "I guess that's good..."

Shinso kept his eyes on his classmate. It was weird for Kaminari to be alone. He himself was used to being a lone wolf, but he knew Denki to feel safer in numbers. But what did he know - maybe Denki got separated just as he had.

"Kaminari," Shinso spoke carefully, "You're an alright guy. I wish I could say that I'm sorry how things played out, but I'm not. So I can't."

"Yeah... I thought for sure she'd given up," Denki's shoulders dropped, "It's irritating because I don't hate you. I even kinda like you."

They had no reason to stick around anymore. Not now that they both tagged two people each and could leave the arena. But the boys lingered.

Denki kicked a pebble on the ground, "What did you have that I didn't? Let's be real, I'm hell of a lot smoother, so I know that's not it."

Shinso rolled his eyes, "I couldn't tell you."

He seemed to be talking to himself now, more like rhetorical thoughts than a conversation with Shinso, "Whatever... it's because you're all cool and mysterious. She was closest to you and Bakugo. Maybe that's because you all have stuff in common? Trauma from the kidnapping, maybe?"