S4 Part 2 - Scars

Sorry for the confusing update! I'm editing this one because I left out the flashback and decided it should be here 😅😅

Izuku Midoriya sat quietly in class, along with most of his classmates. It had been a weird few days adjusting to so many of you missing.

Denki Kaminari.

Toru Hagakure.

Hitoshi Shinso.

And you.

His big green eyes focused on your seat, imagining the back of your head, and your (y/h/c) hair. Your smile that would greet him and make his morning. You were always so self conscious of your quirk stealing energy from others, but you didn't realize the energy you brought to a room.

And now it was gone.

"Eyes up, Midoriya."

Izuku looked at Aizawa, "Yes, sir!"

Even their teacher had been off. He was better at hiding it, and getting everyone to focus on training, but it was obvious he was worried too.

"Sir..." Momo raised her hand, "I know I shouldn't interrupt the lesson, but is there any news about them..? I just think we could all focus more clearly if we knew they were okay."

Aizawa sighed, "I wish I had more for you. Life has taken your classmates on different paths, and they won't be at UA any longer. I know these are your friends, but rest assured, they are alive. That's all I have to share right now."

"Thank you, sir..." she bowed her head.

Izuku hadn't heard a word from Bakugo. Which was astounding, considering he would insult him on a regular basis. He just held a never-ending glare and trained brutally, like his peers were villains. The other silent one in the room, which was less surprising, was Shoto Todoroki.

Those two had been going to their extra classes for another chance to get their licenses, so that could be why they felt so alienated. But Izuku knew how they felt about you and about their friends.

"Sir," Kirishima stood, "If we know they're okay, why haven't we heard from them? Why don't they contact us?"

"Yeah... (Y/N) won't even text me anymore," Mina sniffled.

"I'll see what I can do," Aizawa said, "It's a complicated situation, and I know you're all feeling in the dark. Promise me, you'll all continue to train just as hard as if they were still here. Loss, even if it's not death, is hard for anyone, but everyone must experience it and we press on."

Kirishima hesitated before sitting back down. He wasn't satisfied with that answer, but it was a good one. Jiro twirled her earphone cable lobes between her fingers and looked up only to take quick glances at Denki's desk.

After class, Izuku made his way to All Might's office. He knocked on the door before entering.

"Young Midoriya?" All Might's sunken eyes widened in surprise, "I forgot we had a meeting today?"

"We didn't... I just..." Izuku paused, not sure exactly what he wanted from his mentor.

"I know. Me too."

Izuku took a seat on the couch while All Might grabbed some juice from his mini fridge, "I would've started some tea if I knew you were coming."

"I-It's fine! Thanks," Izuku said, "It's been weird around here, huh."

"I can't deny that," All Might sat across from him and rest his elbows on his knees. He looked weaker than Izuku had seen him, even in his frail form.