S4 Part 30 - Spotted

It felt strange being out in the city like you gave zero shits.

Seriously. You were waltzing around like everything was a damn picnic. You were giddy and had no idea why, other than you must have really enjoyed your time with Heller...

Botan escorted you back to civilization on his own, which either meant the cult truly was careless and didn't mind exposing you out in the open, or Botan was more capable than you knew. What could those baddie flower-powers do?

He did wear a mask - not his cultist mask, though, and sported a stylish cap. You were asked to wear glasses but it wasn't like much could hide your wings. It was funny - before the two of you left, Heller gave you one of his jackets to wear. It was part of his usual ensemble whenever you saw him fighting. So part of his uniform..?

If you could call it that.

The leather fit you more like a trench coat but it didn't look half bad. Plus, it smelled like him. Your insides felt warm every time you caught a whiff. With your hoodie underneath, it kept you plenty toasty.

Heller. Heller. Heller. You hummed to yourself as you walked. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to hang out with him forever. Not if he made you feel this way all the time. You wanted him to touch you again... who were you kidding. You wanted to run your hands over his abs again.

He gave you enough energy without even doing the full-on deed... You had your wings, horns, and the ability to see everyone's auras. It made you dizzy when walking passed groups of people so you tried to ignore that bit. But damn... just with his tail?

"What do you think?" Botan asked, "Dress or pants?"

"Huh?" You turned to him, still in a dreamy daze.

"You seem happy. I'm glad," he said, "I was concerned that Hitomu had ruined all hopes of a relationship with us."

"You were?" You asked, "I mean... I guess I'm over it."

Were you? It felt like you were.

"What would you like to wear to your party?" He asked, "I have a store in mind. We can eat first if you'd like. We have a few hours."

"I think eating after would be best, then I'm not all bloated and squeezing myself into a dress..." you said, "But it feels weird having a party for myself, like - Hey everyone. Thanks for coming. Gonna go kill my dad now."

You looked around to see if anyone had heard you, "Oops. Probably not the best thing to say out loud."

"What's the saying..." Botan said. "It's weird if you make it weird?"

"Touché," you grinned, "Nah... it's still weird."

The city was busy and you felt like it should make you nervous. You could run into anyone. If you did, what would you say? What could you say? Hopefully, you had more time before that happened.

"The store is around the corner. Her name is Hebira. She's one of ours," Botan explained, "You've actually met... Just once. That night with all of us and Yuma. I think you had gotten fast food at some bizarre hour."

"... That was you?!" You laughed, "Ugh. I got to meet Heller that night too. Or, morning, I guess."

"You say that rather disdainfully."

"He was inside one of my friends so it wasn't his finest hour. Or twenty-four hours," you frowned, "You know, that whole time period was just the worst for me..."

"He's not so bad. Once he gets what he wants that is," Botan's dry tone was hard to interpret but you could've sworn he was making a joke.

"So, he's a brat," you said.