S4 Part 35 - Meet Me on the Battlefield

(AN: anyone know this song by SVRCINA? Mmmm all the feels 🤘🥰 I would make a whole playlist for my story but my music selection is random as crap lol..)

"Tell me where she is, tentacles."

Aizawa had Tamaki tied in his scarf. He hadn't slept. His eyes were dryer than ever. And his patience was spent.

Tamaki wasn't struggling or resisting in any way, just whimpering while trying not to meet Aizawa's menacing gaze. "I don't know..! I was just told to send a message!"

"Then send it," Aizawa growled.

"Hey, Eraser," FatGum bounced over, "Ease up on my sidekick, huh? Let's see what he has to say."

It was late, classes were over for Aizawa. Tamaki had shown up at UA to speak with Midnight. While they were in the courtyard chatting away, Aizawa observed them closely. FatGum was with him. When Midnight started squealing and crying at the same time, he knew what it had to be about.

"Alright," Aizawa loosened his restraints. Midnight put her painted nails on his shoulders and encouraged him to take a few steps back.

Tamaki looked green, like he was going to be sick. The three heroes all stood around him waiting for him to speak and his anxiety was killing him on the inside. "I... was supposed to reach Hawks. I tried a few numbers but got voicemails so I came here..."

"Why him?" Aizawa asked.

"That's just who she said the message was for... she said to tell Hawks, 'yes' and that she was having a party? It's all very confusing..." Tamaki's shoulders sank.

Midnight got out her phone, "I'll try him too. Monarch might know how to contact him faster."

"Hang on," Aizawa got his own from his pocket. It started buzzing and he answered, "Hello?"

***

Shit.

Hawks heard the monstrous sounds coming from the forest. He thought he was making great time - when had he never? Things must have escalated faster than he imagined.

He was still in the city but he could make it to the street's edge in a second. However, by the sounds of it, Butcher was moving pretty fast himself. Hawks couldn't hear you yet.

With a brand new phone, he dialed Aizawa. He had others that he ignored the many missed calls from, but he heard the messages. Now that he was undercover with villains, he couldn't be too careful. He should probably start speaking in code in general...

"Eraser. It's Hawks. Sorry if I've been dodgy lately. I'm headed towards Haibori. Care to join?" He said.

"We'll be there," Aizawa said, almost like he needed no explanation and hung up.

Hawks smirked. Of course, everyone was eager to get you the hell out of there. He was too. It made him a little soft and squishy inside when Tamaki's voicemail said you had agreed to his offer. Although, he could only promise you so much. He couldn't protect you from whatever the HPSC might ask of you.

As he neared, the sounds of the beast increased as well, headed towards him. He was expecting to have to rescue you from Heller, but not Butcher. Strength wasn't exactly his strong suit...

He dialed his phone again. Hawks had a few tricks up his sleeve. If you were having a "party" and Butcher was here, the cult could be too. Numbers, unknown. To be safe, Hawks wanted to match power in case any cultists got a little carried away during all the action.

Hang tight, baby bird.

***

"What the hell was that?" Tomura said, almost annoyed.