S4 Part 7 - Cruel Intentions

Wife?!

You glared at Overhaul's hand. Even if it was just for show, it wasn't something you wanted to take lightly. If you were to ever marry, you only wanted to marry once...

"I'm not doing anything until I see Monarch," you said, "Even then, what happens after I reject you? You gonna kill us?"

He didn't move, but you caught a flicker in his eyes that made you regret being here in the first place. If Heller considered your death, then why not Overhaul? The cult, or at least your dad, didn't seem to have a problem with Heller throwing his name in the ring.

"Killing you would be wasteful, but so would letting you return to the heroes," he said, "Besides, if your cult found out I killed you they would have my head, not join me."

"They'll have your head if I asked them to. Doesn't that worry you," you said.

"Another reason I'd like to be friends," He chuckled.

More like another reason I'm prisoner here.

"No offense, you just seem like the type of guy who wants control, not friends..." you said.

"Finding others who appreciate my way of thinking are hard to come by."

Because you're a sociopath..? You wanted to ask.

Overhaul's hand dropped to his side, "You ran off with the League for a reason, right? Maybe you didn't want your friends getting involved for your sake - they've already been through enough? So, you picked criminals you don't care about to help you."

"No," you gasped, "That's not..."

"We're not so different, you and I," Overhaul took a seat next to you, "I didn't have my parents either. You were given a life by the heroes and you feel indebted to them. But, no matter how hard you try clinging to your morals and heroic upbringing, darkness runs in your veins. Your ambitions will reach beyond what the heroes can comprehend. But I understand, and that's why I believe we make sense, together."

This guy is nuts... You couldn't believe you were having this conversation. How long had he been planning all this?

"Anyway," his arm rest on top of the couch backing, and you watched his hand closely, "The events of the other night will occur again and again until one of us is king; a dark lord who keeps things in order. Like it or not, you and Shigaraki are big players in this game. I'm certain I wasn't the only one to propose a partnership with you, but I can at least offer you more than the League can."

Homeboy really loves to talk...

"Yeah, the shoes are a nice touch..." you muttered sarcastically, but it may have gone over his head. He seemed preoccupied studying how your dress hugged your body. You tugged on the hem so the fabric came further down your thigh.

"Well," Overhaul sighed, "Shall we, then? Since you obviously need reassurance."

Overhaul gestured towards the door. Your heart skipped a beat. Did he mean he was taking you to Monarch? You tried not to look too hasty standing up and following him out, but it was painfully obvious.

You stayed a safe distance from him, but he still felt too close. He looked way too young to be doing this, running the Shie Hassaikai on his own, and it made your inexperience shine even brighter in your eyes. You remembered what he said to Tomura, criticizing him for losing some of his strongest villains. How the hell were you ever going to pull this off?

Overhaul stopped in front of another door. It was disheartening to know how confusing this maze would be to memorize and escape out of. How did anyone know where to go? There were labels on some of the doors, but still!