S4 Part 44 - Smile ☺️

AN: okay - break from all the crying lol 😹

It was a winter wonderland that morning.

Rarely did the city receive this amount of snow. It was rumored to melt by the days end, but you absorbed what you could from your window; hot coffee in hand and cozy outfit on.

Hawks spoiled you by bringing home not one, but two new phones, saying that it was completely necessary. You couldn't argue his logic, considering your luck with phones, but it still felt weird getting expensive things from him. He also brought back the custom visor and earmuffs he had for you a while back for whenever you flew together.

Your pocket vibrated all morning long after you sent various texts and calls to your friends. There was one you were waiting for right now, though. When you checked the screen you smiled and skipped on out of your room.

You had to pass by Hawks' sidekicks, all getting their breakfast and coffees. They were pleasant and you said hi, but then you passed your group of ex-classmates. The three of them sat at a table with drinks in hand. Denki perked up like a puppy when you passed but you shut him down pretty quick.

"Hi, Toru," you said pleasantly.

"Hey? Girl..." Toru swiveled in her chair, "Where are you off to?"

"Hey, cutie!" Denki waved but you ignored him. Shinso seemed to accept his place in the doghouse and acknowledged you with a silent grin. As much as you appreciated Hawks for what he did, this had to be the worst possible living situation. Even sleeping with Dabi felt less dangerous.

No problem. Just living in the same building as your ex boyfriend, your wanna-be ex boyfriend, and the guy who wants to be your next boyfriend. How was it that bunking with the entire League of Villains seemed like a walk in the park in comparison?

"I'm meeting a friend," you said, still feeling awkward with her but not as much as the other two, "I'll see you around."

"You're really going to ignore me?" Denki whined, "Just like that?"

You shot him a glare, "I think that would be best, considering the alternative would be to kick you again."

He slumped back in his chair. Shinso tried to hide his amusement while Hagakure couldn't show you what she was feeling. You still had a long way to go with Shinso. Repairing anything with Denki was going to be a pain, and today was not that day. Or week. Or year.

Tokoyami was leaving at the same time with one of the sidekicks. "(Y/N)," he greeted, "Does Hawks know you're leaving?"

"C'mon, he's not my babysitter," you winked, "Just kidding. He's coming if I like it or not..."

You opened your jacket to reveal several feathers that embedded themself into the fabric. "I guess having the friends tracker app on our phones wasn't enough," you snorted, "I get it, though. I seem to be flighty these days."

"He seems awfully protective. Do you need company?" He asked, "We're just doing patrols."

"I think I'll be fine. I won't be alone," you smiled, "Thanks."

He hesitated, but didn't follow after you. The car taking you away was just outside anyway. You had so many people from UA to see again, but this one was from the pro ring. The temporarily retired pro ring...

"(Y/N)!" Mirio hopped out of the driver seat and ran up to you.

You smiled and let him pick you up. It had been some time since the Yakuza raid, but you were still amazed he was up and spry like this.