I stroked her short black hair as I felt my eyelids shut down. I licked my lips after the candy fully dissolved in my mouth. It was just afternoon, and I already felt the need to take a small nap.

The warm windy air filled the room as the satin curtains flew in different directions, gleaming sunlight slowly peeking through and hitting my eyes like lazers.

I looked down at Jia, whose mouth was parted open, a soft snore coming out of her flared nostrils.

"Oh, you're asleep.." I muttered, gently lifting her head from my lap and placing it on the pillow, her skirt stuck between her crossed legs.

How can kids sleep in any position without hurting their back?

I smiled absent-mindedly, staring at her soft features. I knew she would be tired. After all, a flight of six hours is exhausting.

Slowly getting up and leaving her frail figure sleeping soundly, I made my way out of the room, to have a talk with my aunt.

Both of them were present in the kitchen, gossiping about God knows who. Upon noticing my presence, aunt Jaehee quickly made her way to me, looking back at the corridor.

"Where is Jia?"

"Oh, she's asleep. Must be tired." I replied, not sparing a glance at my mom. I was mad at her, and this was the only way to display my fury. I wouldn't talk unless it was important and after some time, we would automatically forget everything and would start chatting as usual.

It was kind of childish...

"That's good, I got you something." She smiled, digging in her suitcase as she pulled out a package, covered in shiny wrap.

"Oh, what's this?" My mouth hung open at the item. I loved gifts and surprises, but unfortunately... there was no one to arrange anything like that for me.

Not even on my Birthdays.

My parents were old-fashioned, they didn't believe in arranging 12 am surprises in my room. We would get a small cake in the evening and cut it between us three. The rest of the day would be spent talking to relatives on calls. No friends, no gifts, just mere wishes from elders.

Well, the wishes were satisfactory. Who would gift a teddy bear to this eighteen year old? Laughable.

I smiled at her, taking the package from her hands. I opened it with shaky hands, still processing that I received a gift after so long.

After removing the red shiny wrapping, I noticed a colourful outfit, which made me confused at first. I glanced at aunt and she gave a positive grin, signalling for me to continue. I removed the package and figured it was a pink and white unicorn onesie.

"Oh my God, how cute is that!" I mumbled, touching the fluffy fabric. With it was a booklet or more like a notebook with white shiny cover and unicorns carved on it, making it look like a 3D exterior.

And a pen, to accompany the cute notebook.

I felt my heart rocketing at this. Aunt remembered how much I loved unicorns when I was 11.

"Thank you for this, I love you.." I left the items there, getting up and hugging my aunt. She mimicked the action, fondly hugging me back.