𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙒𝙊𝙍𝙇𝘿: 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙔-𝙊𝙉𝙀

STARBORN: FIFTY-ONE ━━ WHEN A GIANT FALLS

2 0 1 3 • ASGARD

"I'm curious," Alora started, dark steel eyes fluttering as she glanced up at Thor due to their proximity. "How'd you know Kalum was in trouble? Were you spying on him or what?"

Thor glanced down at their hands as he played with her fingers, melting at the way their fingers entwine so perfectly. The softness of her skin calmed him somehow, his mind was in a state of pure bliss, Loki and his personal hurdles all seemed to fade away leaving only her to focus on.

"Would it be a crime if I said I was just looking after someone?" Thor's intense gaze flickered up to meet her eyes, he watched with a smug smile as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and a sheepish smile adorned her rosy lips.

"I'm serious, Odinson." Alora lightly punched his shoulder to which Thor playfully rolled her eyes at her before nodding.

"Okay, serious." Thor straightened up and leaned his back against the balcony, he brought Alora closer to him, arms resting on her hips. "Heimdall had lost sight of him, I knew something was wrong, then I asked him to check up on you and he said you weren't on earth. I needed to make sure you were alright."

Alora frowned, she glanced away from Thor and stared at the landscape as she wondered how exactly did Kalum end up in this position. "I don't understand," she glanced over at Thor, "how can the earth be a gateway for so many worlds? Our world is primitive and yet it always seems to be involved with some other world."

Thor took in a deep breath before releasing it, his mind taking him back to the history lessons his father used to give him when he was a kid. "Earth is a very sustainable planet, it has all the natural resources to preserve life, it goes without saying that it's a focal point for species looking to expand or terraform."

"Gosh..." Alora blew a raspberry, her arms encircled his waist. "I mean, if I was a regular human I would be worried."

"There's no need to worry," Thor reassures her. "We are earth's mightiest heroes, if anything, it should be our enemies who fear us."