𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀

STARBORN: XIIBAD NEWS

STARBORN: XII –BAD NEWS

2000

HOSPITAL ATLANTIDA, HND

Two days after they arrived at Malibu, Alora received a call saying that the Honduran government was more than grateful for the help she's providing them with. At this precise moment, Alora Stark found herself on the pilot seat waiting in line to enter the public hospital known as Hospital Atlantida. Her fingers drummed against the steering wheel as she heard a catchy Spanish song in the radio, her head bobbing slightly as she waited for her partner who went to speak with the guard.

Alora's grey eyes scanned the area, there were people outside of the hospital selling a variety of things, the streets were packed with trash due to the bystanders. When the charitable woman first saw the hospital's condition and how patients were treated, she knew she had to aid them in any way possible. Sick people came to die in this place, just by seeing it she knew this hospital had been neglected by their government. Alora just couldn't fathom the idea of people acting so cruelly against someone, hospitals needed to be assisted because they deal with people's lives.

"Gosh..." Alora shook her head in disappointment, the sound of the truck's door opening caught her attention.

Kalum Tiberius climbed up and sat on the co-pilot seat before slamming the door shut. "Apparently nobody told them we were coming."

Alora arc an eyebrow, "What?"

Kal nodded, scratching the back of his head. "The president forgot to pass on the word." He jerks his chin up, causing Alora to glance forward. "But they're still welcoming us."

The guard pushed the gate open, allowing them to enter. Alora let out a sigh of relief, shifting gear before stepping on the gas, her grey eyes looked around the small parking lot they own. In her head she calculated a capacity of ten cars, luckily she brought three trucks, the other half will be passing by tomorrow.

"No matter how many poor places we visit; I won't ever get used to the reality this people face every day." Alora said softly, her heart clenching with sadness and disappointment.

Kal nodded. "But on a good note, you're doing everything in your power to help. If it weren't for people like you, these places would be facing an even worst reality."

Alora sigh, parking the truck near a small cafeteria they own, the rest of the trucks all parked beside her. "I still feel like I can do more."

"You are." Kal reassured her, her grey eyes meeting his crystal blue ones. "One step at a time, remember?"

Alora offered him a grateful smile, feeling herself change her mindset to a much positive one. These people needed a different perspective, she couldn't waltz in feeling like a pity party, she wouldn't be making a difference there. Kal opened the door just as Alora turn off the truck and got out, the wave of heat caressing her skin, the sun making Alora feel stronger and in a much brighter mood. She made her way to the back of the truck were the rest of her team were working on unloading the truck, Alora watched as a guard approached them.