𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍: 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

STARBORN: XXXIXREBIRTH

STARBORN: XXXIX –REBIRTH

2000

PUENTE ANTIGUO, NM

Darkness. Alora Stark expected to see the infamous flash of light everyone sees when they die, she could feel her soul leave her mortal body, leaving behind the battered state. The transcending between the living world and the dead was something magical and scary, Alora Stark blinked and she was suddenly surrounded by beautiful Chinese lanterns that shine in contrast of the infinite darkness that seemed to cover the whole place. She was dressed in a white linen jumpsuit, her gray eyes began to absorb her surroundings, taking a small step forward when the sound of rippling water caught her attention.

She glanced down, she wiggles her toes, trying to feel the water that seemed to cover the whole ground. It was a strange place, Alora Stark expected to come across with angels or even God—wait a minute, was she in hell? Alora's eyebrows furrow with worry, no way this place could be hell, it was too pretty and very peaceful—maybe this is the waiting room?

"Waiting room, that's a new one." A sudden voice spoke from behind her, Alora turn sharply to the source of the voice.

The young Stark came across with a beautiful olive skin woman with raven dreadlocks, her facial features were chiseled and her brown eyes were alluring. "Am I dead?"

The woman let out a sigh, offering Alora a smile. "No, but you're not exactly alive either."

Alora frown, taking a small step closer. "I'm not following."

The beautiful woman began to walk around Alora, each stride was graceful which reminded Alora of a queen. "You mortals call it a limbo, which you are in. This place is called the Ephemeral Orbit, which are only available for true bloods."

Alora stared at the beautiful woman with a puzzle look, taking a moment to process what she was saying. "I'm sorry, true bloods? The way I interpret that meaning is that I must be a direct descendent of gods or whatever, I think you got the wrong girl."

The woman smirk, shaking her head. "Oh, I know you wish you were the wrong girl. But you are not, Alora Stark you are a mortal descendent of the Egyptian Sun God, Amon." Alora blinked, a tinge of familiarity tingling her brain. "I am sure Karim, Son of Horus, mentioned it to you."

Alora's eyebrows perk up, taking a couple more steps close to her. "You know Kalum—I mean Karim?"

The woman nodded. "I do, he was once my betrothed before he was unfairly banished by his father."

"Ma'at..." Alora breathed out, her eyes twinkling with realization.

"I am sure you have a lot of question; all will be answer in due time." Ma'at spoke, taking a step closer to Alora before placing a delicate hand on her shoulder. "But you cannot stay here much longer, this is your rebirth Akari. You will save my people, but now you must return and save yours."