𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

STARBORN: VIIIANGEL

STARBORN: VIII –ANGEL

1987

STARK MANSION, NY

'Alliance? Your first act as King will be to forge an alliance with the Norse? They are beneath us; do you not understand?'

'You are not fit to be a king. You have too much heart.'

Kalum Tiberius stood behind the workshop desk as Alora was busy trying to decipher the first verse of the prophecy written in hieroglyphics. He stares with a distant look on his face, eyebrows furrowed as he stares at the chalkboard, Alora's back was facing him as she used the Ancient book of Egypt to aid her. Kalum had woken up with tormenting thoughts of his last conversation with his father, for years Kal had despised him for banning his return home unless the prophecy was fulfilled. Which is why Kal made every minute and second count, he long to be surrounded by his people but most of all, he missed his loved one.

"Earth to Kal the Great Tiberius?" Alora snapped her fingers twice, catching his attention.

"Hmm?" Kal blinked. "Yeah, what?"

Alora sigh, tossing the book on the desk before leaning on her elbows. "Spill, what's bothering you?"

Kal furrow his eyebrows before feigning dementia. "I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing's wrong with me, I'm as cool as a lettuce."

Alora raised an eyebrow. "Fresh."

"What?"

"It's fresh as a lettuce." Alora corrected. "You've been uncharacteristic non-hyper verbal."

Kal whistle, taking a sit on Alora's chair before giving her a teasing smirk. "That's a big word right there."

Alora shrugged, unfazed. "I hear Aunt Carter say it all the time to my brother when he's too quiet."

"Oh."

"Yeah, so tell me what's up. You've got this distant look on your face plus short answers." Alora noted.

Kal shook his head, denying it. "No I don't."

"See? Short answer."

"Oh god..." Kal breath out. "Nothing is wrong with me, I just had a rough night."

Alora frown, concern. "Hmm, nightmares?"

Kal held eye contact, before nodding slowly. "Yeah. Nightmares."

Alora sigh, straightening up and running a hair over her long wavy blonde hair. "Can relate, it happens to me. But they're just dreams, so I just shake it off."

Kal sent her a smile, agreeing with her. But his dream wasn't a product of dreamland, it happened, it was the start of his exile. Kal hated dreaming about it, sometimes he wonders if it was wrong standing for what he believed in, Horus was known to be a righteous king. Always making sure to preserve the peace, looking out for his human followers, etc... All Kal wanted to do was form an alliance, unite the Norse Gods strength with the Egyptian Gods intellect, but what good did that bring him? Horus believed his son was being biased by the Goddess Ma'at, but in reality Kal was being supported by her, she shared his vision.