𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙒𝙊𝙍𝙇𝘿: 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

STARBORN: FORTY-NINE - PROPHECY, PROPHECY, PLEASE LET ME DIE.

2013 • ASGARD

"I FEEL NAKED

"I FEEL NAKED."

Alora stood worriedly beside Thor, hand gripping his arm as she anxiously watched the Asgardian physicians study Kalum's force trying to determine what was the cause of his sudden illness. Kalum stared at the soul forge replicating his body's aura, he raised a hand and tried touching the bronze mist only for one of the Asgardians to push his hand back down, shooting him a stern look.

"Be still, Prince Karim," Erin said in a light but firm voice, Kalum made a face upon hearing his formal title. After spending so much time amongst humans he can't help but feel strange hearing someone address him as Prince instead of Kalum.

"For Horus Eye, it's been ages since someone had addressed me by title." Kalum chuckles, addressing no one. "Now's just...plain weird. Makes me feel important. I mean... I am, bit you know what I mean." He scrunches his nose, blinking a few times as he stares at the soul forge above him before abruptly turning his head to Erin. "Please, just call me Kalum or Kal for short."

Thor placed a reassuring hand on top of Alora's who was unusually quiet as she waited for the diagnosis, worried grey eyes met with confident azure, she gave him a nod and watched him step away from her and closer to the bed. "This is not of Earth, what is it?"

Erin sighs apprehensively. "The soul forge is picking up a tremendous amount of energy, a power that exceeds even the All-Father's." Erin breaks the news, Alora inhales sharply and makes her way near the bed, and makes eye contact with Kalum, he sends a reassuring smile her way. "But we fail to determine what it is, it is crucial that we extract this power from his body or else... I'm afraid it will be too much for him to handle."

"Excuse me? I'm a demigod." Kalum raised an eyebrow, scoffing in offense. "I can handle anything, ma'am." 

"No you can't, now shut up." Alora rolled her eyes, shooting Kal a fleeting glare before her eyes softened, returning to Erin's ebony eyes. "There has to be something we can do. Maybe try going old school and look it up in a medicine book, something of the sort has to come up."