𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍: 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

STARBORN: XXXIIINOT WORTHY

STARBORN: XXXIII –NOT WORTHY

2000

PUENTE ANTIGUO, NM

"I've never done anything like this before!" Jane Foster beams with excitement, glancing at Thor and Alora from the rearview. "Have you ever done anything like this before?"

Amusement is evident in both Thor and Alora's face, the blond stranger nods as he reminiscent the time he and his friends would do tons of reckless things. "Many times. You're brave to do it."

Jane shrugs, Alora not used to seeing Jane so careless and hyped. "They just stole my entire life's work. I really don't have anything left to lose."

"What they did is illegal, you know you can sue them right?" Alora tells Jane from behind her.

The petite woman nodded, hands gripping the steering wheel as they drove Thor to the crater. "And I told them, and they still took everything."

"But you're clever." Thor stated, reassuring Jane. "Far more clever than anyone else in this Realm."

Realm. Another term Alora Stark was familiar with, the youngest Stark itch to ask more questions about what else he knew about the Egyptian Eternal Temple. As a teenager Alora believed Kalum was just obsessed with myths, but the more she learns about the topic, the more she realizes how connected she is to it. Something about a prophecy, she never fully understood it's meaning but Kalum assure her that he will stand by her when the time comes.

Thor glances behind him, noticing the distant look the blonde beauty had. "'This Realm' why do you talk like that?"

Thor glances back at the persistent scientist. "You think me strange?"

"Yes." Both girls say in unison, before Jane quickly added. "Just a little."

"Good strange or bad strange?" Thor wonders, his question going directly to the blonde Stark who refrain from answering his question.

Jane let out a thoughtful sigh before shrugging. "Depends on your answers." Thor chuckles. "You are giving us answers right? You promised that much."

Alora leans back against the seat, turning around from the scientific talk between Thor and Jane. Her hands made their way to the necklace that is meant to protect her whenever Kalum is not around, she remembers how tempted she was in leaving it on the hospital bed for Kalum to find. But she thought against it, the necklace has become a source of comfort for Alora Stark, a sort of lucky charm. A bump on the road caused Alora to snap out of her thoughts as she quickly gripped Jane's seat to stabilize herself.

"Care..." Alora's voice died as she stares ahead, her gray eyes wide as she spots a massive base set around the crater. "Wow."

Jane drives away from the base, parking the car on the side of the road, the three camp inside the car as they waited for the sun to set. A while later, the sky was pitch black and the moon was on its full display, the three of them exit the car. Alora's heart was beating like crazy, full of excitement and nerves as Jane and her follow Thor close to the site. They crawl to the edge of the ridge, Jane takes out her binoculars and scans the place with shock as she takes in the impressive base.