𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍: 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔

STARBORN: XXXKING ARTHUR

STARBORN: XXX –KING ARTHUR

2000

PUENTE ANTIGUO, NM

The sky was a clear shade of blue, cloudless and with the sun shining down the small town of Puente Antiguo. Alora Stark rose bright and early despite barely getting any sleep due to last night's event regarding a possible death and almost killing a stranger. Despite ending the day mentally exhausted, Alora refused to sleep in, she knew staying in bed always upset her. Now the blonde woman ran up a hill, outside of town, 'another one bites the dust' blaring off her Walkman headphones. Sweat rolled down her face as she kept running up the hill, feeling her legs muscle growing weaker with each climb.

Alora panted, trying to normalize her breathing but she was just too tired. Her feet began to drag until eventually she reached the top of the hill and collapsed on the ground. "Jesus, why do I keep doing this to myself?"

Alora sat on the ground, dust staining her black workout leggings as she stretched her legs in front of her. Her gray eyes squinted as she glances up before scanning the area, the temperature was hot which benefit her powers a lot. Alora could feel the increase of power, they felt sharper and dominant, they would often pull her towards the sun energy but Alora was afraid. She had never tried to manipulate the sun's cosmic power ever since Gulmira, after a while the memories came flooding back in form of a dream.

She can still taste the sweetness in her mouth, hear the agonizing screams, and smell the burnt flesh. Alora Stark had extraordinary powers, she could dominate the sun and the air with just sheer will and the flick of her wrist, but even then she chose not to. She had learned enough about what she's capable of doing if angry or heartbroken, which is why she swore to not use her powers unless her love ones or her are in grave danger.

Taking a deep breath, Alora stood up, feeling her sore muscle struggle with her weight. Once up, Alora notice an unusual sight below her, a giant crater was drawn in the earth. A townie seems to be inspecting something in the middle of the crater, with curious eyes Alora made her way down the hill and next to the man.

"What gives?" Alora spoke as she stood next to the townie, he let out a long sigh before taking off his baseball cap and scratching his head.

"No idea. Spotted this on my way to town." The man spoke in rough English, he put on his baseball cap again. "Tried to pull it out, no luck."

Alora nodded slowly, stepping closer to the hammer before walking around it, her gray eyes inspecting every inch until something caught her attention. On one of the sides of the hammer, there was a strange symbol engraved on it, whenever the sun's light touched it the symbol would glisten. "At least we can agree it's not from this world."