𝙋𝙊𝙎𝙏-𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍: 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙊𝙉𝙀

STARBORN: XLIDECEMBER

STARBORN: XLI –DECEMBER

2000

LONG ISLAND, NY

What a year. A lot happened from April to September, from Tony getting kidnapped and finding his purpose to Alora becoming a demi-goddess, she still couldn't believe all of that happened in the span of six months. She learned so much, the Starks learned so much, both siblings used to live their life on auto-pilot but now they had a found a goal, a destination, a purpose. Tony learned to be more selective on who to trust and he learned to forgive, Alora found out that she mustn't be blood related to someone to be consider family and she also found confidence. Life is the greatest teacher and Alora found out the hard way, but she's grateful for everything, she has never felt so whole again ever since her parents.

A soft breeze rattles the trees branches, snow covered the cemetery ground and muffled crunches filled Alora's ears as she walked over to her parent's graves. Her cheeks were flushed due to the coldness, wavy blonde hair swayed aggressively behind her. Today marked nine years since Maria and Howard Stark left her, she would usually avoid coming here because it always puts her in a sad mood. But after realizing she wasn't their biological daughter, yet they still raised her as their own, she believed she owe them a visit and a thank you.

"Hey..." Her voice came out as a whisper, she cleared her throat while moving a strand of hair behind her ear before putting her hands inside her trench coat. "I—God this feels so weird, I'm talking to a piece of stone." Alora chuckled to herself, for some odd reason she felt nervous. "I try to picture you guys standing there but... but it's not the same. It was never the same since you left, and I know you must be thinking this is bull-crap dad, but it's the truth. We were a mess at first but we are doing better now, even if this year was pretty upside down."

Alora frown, her mind taking her for a trip down memory lane and she felt her eyes start to water. She remembers the drastic changes her life had after her parents died, when she started college and the many panic attacks she had whenever she was in a crowded place. It was a tough process, Alora wasn't used to being around strangers, much less have to strike a conversation with them. But even in that period full of angst and heartaches, she found a friend who would later on become the most important man in her life.

"I also found out I'm adopted," A single tear rolls down her cheek as she breaths out a laugh. "God, I would be lying if I said I didn't blow up the pandemonium's roof. I didn't handle the news very well, but after leaving New York I had time to figure myself out, met new people and even came back to life."

Alora bite down her lower lip as she chuckled, her eyes staring at her boots momentarily before they shifted back to the gravestone. "I guess I just wanna thank you, for what you did. I know you tried your best, I know it mustn't have been easy to deal with me but you did anyways. And I thank you for it, now I know you were just trying to protect me, I couldn't see it back then but I can see it now."