𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

STARBORN: VIIOBADIAH STANE

STARBORN: VII –OBADIAH STANE

1985

STARK MANSION, NY

The Stark mansion had never looked so lively, with the exception of Christmas, maids scurried around hastily. Preparing the mansion for the business party Howard Stark was hosting in honor of Stark Industries, the dining area had been remodel, the long table was placed horizontally against the wall and the chairs disappeared. Extra tables were placed on either side of the long table, adjacent to it, they were all decorated with delicious food and desserts.

Maria Stark stood in the middle of the backyard as she instructed the helpers where she wanted the cocktail tables and couches situated, Alora Stark was in the workshop receiving her school classes with Miss Aurora Moon. Kalum was running some errands for Mrs. Stark and Tony was in his room reading some silly Arthurian stories the fifteen-year-old boy found solace in, better than reading Captain Spangle's comic books.

It's been three months, November was just around the corner and then there was Christmas, the holiday the Stark's had a love and hate relationship with. The only time the Stark's really had a good time was when they invited people to their home, they seemed to play pretend as the perfect family, it was like a game to them.

"Okay, don't forget to practice on your math. We gotta sharpen those brain muscles, yuppie!" Miss Aurora said enthusiastically, Alora gave her an 'are you serious' look before ending up shaking her head and offering her a smile.

"I can't find it in myself to be as equally as enthusiastic as you." Alora said, eyebrows furrowed slightly and lips pressed into a thin line.

Miss Aurora chuckled. "You can always try; math seems hard but it's all in the practice. After all, Rome wasn't built in one day."

"Yeah, so how is a kid supposed to learn all this math in one day?"

"Quit being dramatic, you have five weeks and the span of ten months to learn it." Miss Aurora stated, Alora just sigh before putting away her math notebook and textbook.

Miss Aurora left shortly after, Alora lean on the doorframe as she quietly ate a strawberry drip in dark chocolate while taking in the decorations on the backyard. There were about six cocktail tables spread across the backyard, a white tablecloth was draped on top of it, a small flower arrangement sat in the middle with Christmas lights inside the vase. A set of white couches with fluffy pillows and a purple blanket draped on the edge of the double couch, in the middle was a coffee table with bucket filled with ice, beverage and Italian cheese plate.

Also lightbulbs hang across the backyard, from one end to another, giving the place a really nice ambiance.

Maria ran a hand over her blonde hair, Alora smiled and walked over to her mother, hugging her waist. "Oh! Jesus, Alora you startle me." She giggled.