𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙒𝙊𝙍𝙇𝘿: 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

STARBORN: FORTY-FIVETHE WOUNDS OF THE TRUTH

STARBORN: FORTY-FIVE—THE WOUNDS OF THE TRUTH

2013 L O N D O N

CRYSTAL BLUE EYES WATCHED AS ALORA STARK DISAPPEARED THROUGH THE PORTAL, HER SCREAM CUTTING OFF ABRUPTLY, SUCCUMBING KALUM'S EARS INTO A DEAFENING SILENCE

A boyish smile tugged at the corner of his lips, his mind picturing her horrified look as she continuously fell through the portal, he chuckled to himself finding it amusing. He double taps the railing with the heel of his left palm before swiveling on his feet and climbing down the stairs, as he jogged down the stairs Kalum couldn't help but listen to the intrusive thoughts that screamed and echoed through the walls of his brain. Lately, Kalum has noticed something strange within himself, something that hadn't been there for several years.

His heart has grown heavy over the years, the thin and bony fingers of nostalgia and melancholy wrapped around his heart, releasing poisonous feelings through his whole body. Kalum Tiberius was losing his spark and all because he longed to feel at home, a home that kicked him out and never even bothered to check up on him, not even once. Not even to know if he was still alive. He yearns to see his father one more time, to be in his mother's embrace and apologize for breaking her heart, fix things with his brothers, and meet Kashif, his little brother.

The years had taken a toll on him. Kalum stopped seeing life as an adventure for a while now, everywhere he looks he sees parents walking around with their kids, buying them presents just to see their excited smile. And most of the time he finds himself wondering if he'll ever get the chance to start a family of his own, following closely that thought was always the one regarding his family, will he be able to reunite with them before it's too late?

Kalum stepped into the open room, he glanced at an old truck that was simply abandoned there before his eyes focused on the exit. "Leaving so soon?"

He freezes, a shiver runs down his spine at the sound of her voice, Kalum exhales loudly as he turns around slowly. "You..."

Ma'at stands by the hallway that leads to the stairs, she gives him a lopsided smile as she walks toward him. "Me."