𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙊𝙉𝙀

STARBORN: I -HAPPY ENDINGS

1975

The tall man made his way stealthily toward the end of the hall, at the very end was a room, not just any room. It belonged to a S.H.I.E.L.D agent's daughter, a beautiful baby girl. As the man reached the knob he pushed lightly the door, his eyes wandering around the room. The walls were painted light pink with small floral decorations here and there, on the left part of the room laid a white wardrobe, besides that wardrobe, there were some toys laying on the ground and huge horse toys. On the right of the room laid what mattered, the baby crib, so he approached and saw the baby girl wide awake. Staring at the ceiling, her small hand grabbed her foot as she tried to get it inside her mouth but it didn't seem to bother her the struggle.

The man placed his hands on the wood railings of the crib, the baby girl's big blue eyes darted to the figure beside her, and without fear, she smiled and kicked her small legs in excitement. The man's stoic face broke into a soft expression, a lazy but warm smile danced on his lips. He lean forward and rubbed his nose with her small one, the baby grabbed his face as if caressing it. The man smiles brightly before picking up the beautiful baby.

The baby clapped and squealed, and the man who was holding her stared at her. Completely mesmerized by the beauty and cuteness of his daughter, he knew right there he was never going to let anyone harm her. She was and will always be the center of his world, even though his world is slightly more complicated but it was something he had sworn to stay faithful even on the verge of death.

As the father of the girl stare into her blue eyes, he was oblivious to the presence of the other woman he had grown to love since the day he saved her. As cliche as that sounds, he fell in love with it even though he knew the price was too high but nonetheless he took a leap of faith. The woman who leaned on the door frame stared at her world with dreamy eyes and a soft smile, she felt happy, complete.

"Let her sleep, Jude." The man kissed his daughter on the forehead just as the baby laid her head on the crook of his neck.

He drew small circles with his hand on the back of his daughter to get her to sleep, as he did he turned around and winked at his wife. The woman walked toward him and the baby and carefully caress the baby's small fist with her fingertip before leaving a soft but loving kiss. "Amanda?"