𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

STARBORN: VBOARDING SCHOOL

STARBORN: V –BOARDING SCHOOL

1983

STARK MANSION, NY

"I don't get how this, uh,  Amun guy, managed his powers." Alora sigh, the eight-year-old girl felt extremely frustrated.

It's been three years since the incident, things were normal but now they were tumbling down. Alora felt an invisible weight on her shoulders as she struggles to learn every single thing about her powers and how to control them. Kal had been of great help, Alora was thankful for his patience but deep down she wishes everybody was like him. Maria still supported Alora, Tony had been distant lately, and Howard... well, he has grown bitter through the years.

"'Cause he's a God." Kal sigh, offering her a reassuring smile. "You'll get the hang of it, you just need to have patience."

Alora shook her head stubbornly. "The last thing I need is patience. I need immediate results!"

Kal pulled a seat, sitting beside Alora as she stares at him through narrowed eyes. "Okay, why do you need immediate results?"

"So I can get out of the house. It's not fair that Tony gets to leave, go to boarding schools while I have to stay here, gathering dust." Alora looked angrily at the ancient book on the workshop desk, her arms crossed over her tiny chest.

"Well, for starters, Tony is different than you." Kal began, his voice light. "Second of all, your dad is just trying to protect you."

Alora shook her head, biting down on her lips to retain the tears. "No." Her voice cracked. "Dad is embarrassed by me. He doesn't want to deal with a freak like me."

Kal stared at the little girl beside him, her chin was dipped down, the exiled prince knew tears were running down her cheeks as she beat herself mentally. He never considers Alora to feel such a way, sure Howard had grown bitter and was barely home, Maria was the only parental figure the kids saw. Kal closed his eyes for a while as he cursed Howard for being such a pain in the butt to the kids before reopening them and placing a contorting arm around Alora's shoulders.

"I know Howard... is a difficult man. But he loves you and Tony, with all his heart. He's just worried about you; he doesn't want people knowing about your abilities because of the world we live in." Kal reassured the crying girl, he felt her head leaning against his chest, Kal hesitantly began to caress her hair in order to calm her down. "Sh. It's okay. You have me, you will always have me."

The thirteen-year-old Tony Stark sat on his bed, a pillow was smush against his torso as he hugged it. His other hand had a firm grip on the telephone, a small smile was in full display as he spoke on the phone with none other than Meredith McCall. Both kids were playing with fire, but none cared if they got burned in the process for they had fallen in love with one another. Something their fathers wouldn't approve, Creighton McCall and Howard Stark were business rivals, their hatred was so much that both rivals wanted one another's head on a spike. So if they found out about their children's secret relationship the gates of hell would open and the end of the world would happen.