𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

STARBORN: IVMEANT FOR MORE

 STARBORN: IV –MEANT FOR MORE

1980

STARK MANSION, NY

Kalum told Howard and Maria Stark everything, including his own story. Despite Howard's insistence in learning the name of Alora's real mother, Kal refuse to reveal, he swore to Amanda no one was to know about Alora's true parentage for her safety. Telling Howard could risk everything, Kal was sure he knew her for they work in the same organization, if he confronted her... well no one really wanted to know what would happen.

The next day, Kalum arrived at ten AM as promised, Howard was still wary about everything but as Kal told him—he was a smart man. Kal barely had a wink of sleep as he thought of ways he could help a five-year-old comprehend the type of power she possessed. He knew she wouldn't understand, she was just a kid, so he thought of a different approach. Kalum, just like Alora, possessed the ability of the cosmic. What differ them was that, Alora was a straight descendent of the Egyptian God of the Sun, Amon and Kal's cosmic powers were strictly for defense. Meaning he can control Alora's outburst, but that would require a lot of strength and focus for her powers were fuel by the sun itself turning her into a walking supernova.

"Ah, the man of the hour." Howard greeted him, no smile but his eyes twinkle with mischief.

Kal offered him a genuine smile, trying hard to earn their trust so they could move past the formalities, Kalum Tiberius was kind of a jokester so being serious and formal was a hard task. "How did you wake up, Mr. Stark?"

Howard snorted, "Lying down. How do you wake up?"

Kal drew his lips into a thin line before letting out a forced chuckle. "Ha. Nice one, sir."

"Yeah, yeah. Follow me, unlike you I have an actual job to be at." Referring to yesterday's talk and how Kalum told them it was his job to look out for Alora, for that was what the prophecy entail.

Kal stood in the middle of the hall, Jarvis stood behind him before walking to stand next to Kal as they watch Howard walk down the hall that would lead to their backyard.

"Tough egg to crack, huh?" Kal mumble, Jarvis's lips curve upward.

"Mr. Stark is more like an onion. Behind all those layers, there's a good man with a lot of insecurities, I urge you to be patient. He's just scared after what he saw last night." Jarvis said, Kal met the butler's gentle gaze before he gestures for him to follow him.

Kal followed Howard into his workshop, it was quite big and spacious, it reminded Kal of a garage only that bigger. The exile prince closed the door behind him just as Howard pushed a button, sound came up from the ceiling as the opening on the roof grant access to the sun's light which illuminate the whole place.