𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙒𝙊𝙍𝙇𝘿: 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙔-𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

STARBORN: FIFTY—NINE ━━ United, pt. 2

2013 • MIDGARD

KALUM'S crystal irises shone as he snapped his eyes open, his first instinct was to take a huge gulp of air, but he quickly realized he was underwater and quickly running out of oxygen. He fought against the burning in his chest and the suffocation at the back of his throat. As he stretched his body forward, ankles flopping as he fluttered them to propel him on, he stretched out his arms, they flailed desperately. Kalum's face was scrunched up in pure agony, a crease formed in the middle of his forehead, wrinkles appeared on the edge of his eyes, lips pursed, and eyes begging to break into the surface level as soon as possible.

As he swam up, Kalum, not only did he have to mentally restrain himself not to swallow the river's water, but fragments of a vision were sent to him by Hathor.

The exiled prince saw the consequences of the future, should they fail to stop their opponent, that is. He could see himself kneeling before the portals where he could see the lives of trillions being lost, the amount of blood spilled as the Æther attacked those who tried to defend their lands, was flowing like a river. Kalum could feel the suffering wide spreading along the universe, he was immobilized by fear, and the darkness clung to his heart like an infectious spider. Releasing fear, hopelessness, and loss into his system, stripping him from optimism, perseverance, and hope.

"Mmm," Kalum moan in despair as he neared the surface.

His muscles burned from the intensity which he was swimming with. Once the vision stopped, Kalum knew one thing, he realized their mistake in the battle. Alora, Thor, and he were all very powerful individuals, but if their forces were joined and aimed at one target, the impact would be deadly and would undoubtedly put an end to this.