𝙋𝙊𝙎𝙏-𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍: 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔

STARBORN: XLBUT HERE I AM

STARBORN: XL –BUT HERE I AM

2000

STARK ESTATE, NY

Goodbyes.

The newly immortal woman hated them, saying that word would always leave a bitter taste on her tongue, she was reminded of her parent's burial and she knew the weight behind that word. After leaving behind her friends and a God of Thunder, Alora made her way home, she would be lying if she said she wasn't anxious. Tony tended to have a big ego, his pride is his defense mechanism and she knows it more than anyone, she was a witness of how Tony would bury himself behind walls and pretend to be someone he's not. It scared her to think that he might push her away completely now that he knew the truth, they were not blood-related but Alora would always see him as her big brother.

Alora Stark descended on the front yard of the Stark Estate, after her rebirth Alora felt like she could dominate both powers equally, to fly she had to be engulfed in flames but now she used her air powers to their full advantage. She landed with a soft 'thud' followed closely behind by Kalum, he hovers as his wind flapped, stabilizing himself before he landed on his feet expertly. His wings folded back inside him, his crystal blue eyes stare at the mansion before they landed back on Alora.

The youngest Stark had no idea where to begin or how to, she gnaws at her lower lip as she anxiously stares at the familiar glass doors. Her heart was racing against her chest, all sound faded around her, the only noise that was left was the beat of her heart. Kalum licked his lips, he approached her with a soft stare, Alora turn to face him with teary eyes.

"I-I don't know if I can do this, Kal—I mean, it's just Tony. I know him, I grew up with him, he's my family." Alora stammered, her mouth trying to keep up with the many doubts and fears that crossed her mind. "What if he realized he doesn't have to be stuck with me anymore?"

"Hey, no, please don't say that." Kalum placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, just like he always does whenever she's feeling down and needs comfort. "Tony might be an asshole 99.9% of the time... but one thing I've learned about him, is that cares for you just as deeply as you care for him."

Alora stare at him with her big, teary, gray eyes. She knew she was second-guessing herself, it was one of her bad habits, she always did that whenever she believes there's a possibility she can screw things up. Alora Stark was a perfectionist, she was addicted to the feeling of control and knowing what her future holds, she was a firm believer that she was the writer of her own destiny. But the future will always be uncertain, one day it might be a perfect day but the next it might be filled with misery and angst. She knew that, but she chose to believe she was the one in control and right now, she chooses to make her peace with her brother.